Windows 7 Windows 7 - Computer difficulties, OS won't boot properly. (Need urgent help!)

Electron

Alright, so I just got my new computer.

Sapphire Radeon HD 6970 2GB GDDR5
Corsair Vengeance™ DDR3 1600MHz 16GB (4x4GB) RAM
Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor
ASUS Sabertooth P67, Socket-1155
Corsair SSD Force Series™ F60A, 60GB [SSD]
Seagate Barracuda® 7200.12 1TB [HDD]

And whenever I turn my computer on, it goes past the "Post Screen" and then continues to the point where it should boot. But, this is exactly what happens:
Win3x_Black_Screen_of_Death.gif

This screen, also called the "Black Screen of Death" continues to blink for hours.
I'm not even sure why I get this response from my computer, but what I know is that it boots when I put a random CD in the CD-ROM.

Why does it only boot when I do this? It's actually becoming more of a headache to me to figure out. Even the support centre where I bought the PC from can't explain it. And trust me, these are people who knows what they are doing.

I got a few more problems:
Sometimes when the computer falls in "Sleep" mode, it won't turn on.
Usually when you tap a key on the keyboard the PC will turn on again, but the keyboard lights only blink when I tap them... It won't even give me response when I press the power button. So it ends with me forcing a shutdown, which is kinda sad when I think how "young" the PC and hardware is.

Another thing, when I open up a program called "Speccy" to monitor the temperatures of the hardware. It says my Motherboard (Sabertooth P67) is 128 degrees hot.
I know for sure that the board isn't 128 degrees, but it's still causing me to scratch my head.

+ I had this little incident when I was playing Battlefield 3.
While I was one of the more advanced maps, it suddenly looked like my screen turned green. Or more like a green screen with lowered opacity, cause I could see through the green. But the "Green" I saw only lasted for a couple of milliseconds, and each one of them came like 2 or 3 seconds after each other on a time period of 1 minute or so.
This happened a few times while I was scoping in, but after playing for some hours I didn't experience the "Green" thing.

Further information:
I troubleshooted this on Google just to be sure, and I ended up with "Corrupted Windows 7" files, and that I should try to re-install my OS.
But for some weird reason, the computer won't let me boot from my Windows 7 disk when I'm still in Post Screen area... The only way to run the CD is to do it while I'm in my OS. But for some weird reason it won't let me install Windows 7 again.

I know there are some geniuses out there that are able to help me.
I'm really concerned about the condition of my PC, as I spent $2,000+ on this machine.

Last edited:
If you just bought it & it's acting like that, the manufacturer's warrantee should be your salvation.

Drew

Last edited:
Well the reason that it's not booting seems to be that it's looking at your DVD drives and not finding something.

Probably why it won't boot from the Windows DVD too.

Try unplugging your DVD drive and see if it boots normally.

If it does that narrows it down a little anyway.
If it does boot without the drive plugged in then it may be a faulty drive.
Maybe just unplugging it and plugging it back in will fix it.

Have you updated all the drivers since you got the computer?
That might help the gaming issues.

Try HWMonitor and see what it says your temps are.
The video can be heat related too.

HWMonitor - Download

Well that's all I've got!

Mike

Last edited:
I sort of agree with Mike in that a blink cursor like that seems to indicate the boot had been directed to a dead end with nothing to load. I have never run an SSD, so I might suspect something in that area since I do not know how the Bios sees the SSD for booting purposes.

Is the SSD drive considered a SATA III and are you running it from the Intel SATA III ports or the Marvell ones?

Intel has the Rapid Storage technology. As I understand it, that is supposed to be associated with combination hard drives where an SSD and normal disks are used in combination. I have wondered if having a separate SSD and normal drive might run into some of the same type of problems, but I do not know and certainly not suggesting you change anything.

Well the reason that it's not booting seems to be that it's looking at your DVD drives and not finding something.

Probably why it won't boot from the Windows DVD too.

Try unplugging your DVD drive and see if it boots normally.

If it does that narrows it down a little anyway.
If it does boot without the drive plugged in then it may be a faulty drive.
Maybe just unplugging it and plugging it back in will fix it.

Have you updated all the drivers since you got the computer?
That might help the gaming issues.

Try HWMonitor and see what it says your temps are.
The video can be heat related too.

HWMonitor - Download

Well that's all I've got!

Mike

Thanks for the answer Mike!
I tried downloading the program you gave me, and that's 100 percent more correct!
Shows 27 Degrees! One less problem to worry about so thanks.

And yes, I downloaded all the newest drivers for my graphics card and all the other components... Haven't experienced the green screen thing so far.

Also, I think I will be sending the PC in for repair.
I take no chances when it comes to my hardware, it cost me so much money to have this PC put together that they could at least fix the problems for me.
When I got my PC, the SSD and HDD had fell down inside my case. So maybe there's some damage to the SSD where the files are stored? Who knows, that's why I'm going to get them to take a brief look over it.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who answered!
I really appreciate the help I've gotten.

Definitely take it to the shop before doing anything else. You do not want to get to the point where they say, "What did you do to the PC, it was working fine when it left here?" Make them fix it. Don't waste any more of your valuable time.

Exactly my point, also...don't chance putting yourself in that situation... just take it back for warrantee straight away. Don't keep doing anything more (yourself).

Drew

Back