Windows 7 Windows 7 doesn't stay connected to the Web..

barkins

I have the nForce 650i SLI Ethernet and it's not staying connected to the internet after restarting/sleep mode the computer.

I have to disable and enable the driver in Device Manager to get it to work again. I have the latest drivers (15.51).

Anyone know what to do? :confused:

Try rebooting your router if you have one. Something in win 7 causes routers to malfunction.

Also uncheck RAC under Scheduled tasks and see if that helps.

And look in your Administrative log under Event Viewer / custom for tips.

I have the nForce 650i SLI Ethernet and it's not staying connected to the internet after restarting/sleep mode the computer.

I have to disable and enable the driver in Device Manager to get it to work again. I have the latest drivers (15.51).

Anyone know what to do? :confused:

Try going to the adapter in Device Manager and right-click it. go to Properties and then the 'Power Management' tab. Untick the box 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'. Hopefully that helps :)

I tried all of those things and as predicted after shutting off my computer and turning it back on, Windows 7 did not connect to the internet and the only way to connect it is to disable and enable the driver...

Also, disable IPV6. I have problems with my old router that go away when I disabled IPV6.

Same internet connection dropping problem

I have had the same problem with my internet connection dropping every 5 minutes with Win7 Ultimate. I have updated drivers and firmware for my EVGA 680i and Linksys router and nothing helps. I just decided to go back to Win7 RC1, since that seems to be working perfect. Microsoft messed up some where and I hope enough people complain, so they will release a patch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom