Windows 7 Windows 7 freezes on windows logo

Reezy

I've been running windows 7 (64) for a while now and have had a few problems getting past the windows logo on the start up, but usually after a reboot it works fine however last night no matter how many times I tried I couldn't get past the start up logo and with each reboot it ran the windows recovery tool and found no errors. Since I cannot get into the operating system I cannot view the event log

Also for some reason my keyboard will not work during the boot up sequence so I can't even boot from a CD to re-install windows 7 to see if that fixes any errors or select to boot in safe mode.
confused.gif

Any help can get from people would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
icon7.gif

Ps. If there is already a thread for this topic I apologize for re-posting but I couldn't find it.

Since a keyboard is going to be essential in any further steps, you need to resolve that first. What kind of keyboard is it, if it's wireless you will probably have to switch to hard wired to continue.

Since a keyboard is going to be essential in any further steps, you need to resolve that first. What kind of keyboard is it, if it's wireless you will probably have to switch to hard wired to continue.

It's a microsoft x6 sidewinder hard wired keyboard and was working fine with no issues prior to this happening, have been able to boot from CD in the past and boot in safe mode but just in the last 24 hrs it's not been responding.

Would it be worth while trying a fresh install on a new hard drive if I can and see if the same errors continue?

A new install to a new hard drive wouldn't hurt anything, provided of course you either removed the current hard drive or are very careful about how you do the parallel installation. But I don't see how you're going to accomplish that, if you can't use the keyboard to change the device boot order in your system's bios. Is this relatively new hardware? The reason that I ask, is that perhaps the issues that you were having with Windows 7 booting, may have been warning signs of a more serious systemic problem with your hardware.

You need to set the DVD to boot first in the bios. You should then get a "Boot to DVD" during the startup.

Make sure you have the F keys enabled just in case.

Does your motherboard support ps2, and can you get your hands on a ps2 keyboard. I'm assuming the one that doesn't seem to be working now is USB. Just trying to think of something to get you over the hump so you can proceed.

Does your motherboard support ps2, and can you get your hands on a ps2 keyboard. I'm assuming the one that doesn't seem to be working now is USB. Just trying to think of something to get you over the hump so you can proceed.

The keyboard is a USB keyboard but came with a PS2 adapter I've tried both and still no luck.

I've set the boot sequence to CD/DVD in the BIOS but it still asks me to press a key to confirm the boot from CD/DVD which I can't do as the keyboard doesn't respond during that part of the boot up.

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that during the first part of the boot up the keyboard works and allows me to get into the Bios and it works while in the BIOS menu but once it gets pasts the POST it won't respond.

It would seem that you need to at least temporarily replace the keyboard, maybe a friend relative or neighbor might have one you can borrow to get you through this.

Back
Top Bottom