Windows 7 Windows 7 Freezing after 1 minute

Alkuimista

Hi there,

Im experiencing freezes from in Windows 7, after 1 minute or so after i´ve logged into the system, but its impossible to do anything, cause the system freezes completly.
I´ve had this issue, with other versions of Windows 7 such as Windows 7 RC 32 bits, and Windows 7 RTM 32 bits, but it worked pretty solid for some time. Latetly the freezes become constante, so i thought about format and do a fresh Install, this time with windows 7 64 bits, but after i´ve done the fresh install and started install some other stuff, the freeze problem appeared again, and this time it doesnt let me do anything more.
Im only able to work in safe mode, and here it works like a charm, but has soon has i go to normal mode, its freezes and after a while it crashes without rebooting.
In safe mode, the event viewer shows many errors, due to Dcom, and so on,
i´ve scanned the system with HijackThis, but didnt found anything looking bad, but also im not an expert with hijackthis, the main reason for this, is because when it started freezing, was when i browsed some files in other partition of my hard drive.

I really wanna give a try in windows 7, its becoming almost impossible, :(

I also suspected from the Turbo memory drivers, cause the freezes appeared after this too, so i´ve uninstalled the turbo memory, without success so far.

I´ve attached the log file from hijackthis, and from event viewer so you guys can give it a check.

My system Specs.
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor
Mobile Intel® PM965 Express chipset+ICH8M
15.4 '' widescreen TFT LCD Display
NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GS 256MB VRAM
2GB DDRII DRAM
Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG, WiFi Link 4965AGN / AG
Turbo Memory, Bluetooth V2.0+EDR, TPM

Thanks in advanced.

Hi,
thanks for the reports..
Your freezing issue I would normally put down to drivers especially when you say that booting into 'safe mode' cures the problem. This is because safe mode is windows running in a very reduced form which precludes using many of the drivers.
The report may say missing system drivers due to it being in safe mode..
Things to check:
Make sure your Windows 7 disk has been burnt at a speed no higer than 4x as many problems have been encountered with higher burn speeds.
Reformat and do a clean install making sure you have the correct up to date drivers ready to upload.
Ensure your bios is the correct and latest version.

If all of the above still does not help... I would then run this utility following the instructions found on the web page. Also only test one stick of memory at a time.: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Also; ( In addition to what Kemical says) when you install programs do them one at a time and work with each one before installing the next program to check that your system does not freeze up. When the system freezes uninstall the last program that you installed and reboot, if that cures it that will be the problem

I did this to find out why my gadgets were not working and when I uninstalled the last program the gadgets reappeared.

Well here is some more accurate information, i have all drivers updated, and this is a fresh install, in safe mode, when i went browsing my file in the other partition, wich has my mp3, and documents, safe mode began to freeze also, so now im almost 100% sure it has to do with that partition. I´ll try to disable UAC, or play with it, if im able to, in order to know whats happening. Is there any process that my be launched only when you start browsing files in safe mode?

I had to take ownership for this files, and soon as i did that, problems started.

Gonna try that UAC thing and the let you know about it. Does anyone has any other opinion for what the problem might be?

Spyware and virus its almost impossible, cause theres only documents, and i didnt run them only browsed, and i i´ve already donne extensive scan with antivirus.

Best regards

Also; ( In addition to what Kemical says) when you install programs do them one at a time and work with each one before installing the next program to check that your system does not freeze up. When the system freezes uninstall the last program that you installed and reboot, if that cures it that will be the problem

I did this to find out why my gadgets were not working and when I uninstalled the last program the gadgets reappeared.

Good advice, as this will also be an indicator of how each driver is effecting your system....
Also if you think the partition is giving you problems why not run CHKDSK and see if that cures any ills.

:)

Dcom error fix.

In safe mode, the event viewer shows many errors, due to Dcom, and so on, .

Fix for
DistributedCOM error in Administrative Events Log
The server did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
Click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
Expand Computer Configuration, expand Windows Settings, expand Security Settings, expand Local Policies, and then expand User Rights Assignment.
Right-click Bypass traverse checking, and then click Properties.
Click Add User or Group.
Type Everyone, and then click OK.

This worked for me on two different installs of Windows.

Back
Top Bottom