THELUKESTIR

Hi, I recently bought a new laptop Newegg.com - MSI GX630-028US NoteBook AMD Athlon X2 QL-62(2.00GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 4GB Memory 250GB HDD DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT - Laptops / Notebooks with Windows Vista Home Premium already installed. The wireless card has been great but I have been having some trouble with the wired card. The only information I found on it in device manager was an Nvidia nforce Networking controller. I tried to connect straight to my friends modem the other day in order to get online with success, but after a few hours i plugged in my router ( a Lynksys ezxs55w) and it worked for about 5 minutes then failed. I came home later and attempted to connect to my xbox 360 with a straight cable with no luck. Then tried to use static ips and all that and it didn't work either. Now i have downloaded windows 7 and plugged it into the router to try and get it to work, but no it does not. Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks!

Solution
It seems like you are experiencing some connectivity issues with the wired networking on your new laptop, MSI GX630-028US, running Windows Vista Home Premium. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem with the wired network connection:
1. Check Cable Connection:
- Ensure that the Ethernet cable is securely connected to both the laptop's Ethernet port and the router.
2. Update Network Adapter Drivers:
- It's essential to have the correct and up-to-date drivers for your network adapter.
- Visit the MSI support website or the manufacturer of the network adapter to download and install the latest drivers for the Nvidia nforce Networking controller.
3. Check Network...
It seems like you are experiencing some connectivity issues with the wired networking on your new laptop, MSI GX630-028US, running Windows Vista Home Premium. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem with the wired network connection:
1. Check Cable Connection:
- Ensure that the Ethernet cable is securely connected to both the laptop's Ethernet port and the router.
2. Update Network Adapter Drivers:
- It's essential to have the correct and up-to-date drivers for your network adapter.
- Visit the MSI support website or the manufacturer of the network adapter to download and install the latest drivers for the Nvidia nforce Networking controller.
3. Check Network Settings:
- Verify that the network settings on your laptop are correct. You can check these settings under "Network and Sharing Center" in the Control Panel.
4. Restart Networking Devices:
- Reboot your laptop, router, and any other networking equipment to refresh the connections.
5. Troubleshoot Network Connections in Windows:
- Use the Windows Network Troubleshooter to diagnose and resolve common network issues. You can access this tool by right-clicking on the network icon in the system tray and selecting "Troubleshoot problems."
6. Disable IPv6:
- Sometimes disabling IPv6 can help resolve network connectivity issues. You can do this by going to "Network and Sharing Center" > "Change adapter settings" > right-click on the network adapter > "Properties" > uncheck IPv6.
7. Reset TCP/IP Stack:
- Open an elevated Command Prompt (Run as Administrator) and enter the following commands:
Code:
     netsh int ip reset
     netsh winsock reset
Restart your computer after running these commands.
8. Check Router Settings:
- Ensure that your router settings are correct, including DHCP settings and any firewall configurations that might be blocking the connection.
9. Upgrade to Windows 7:
- Since you have mentioned downloading Windows 7, consider performing a clean installation of Windows 7 with updated drivers for better compatibility and performance.
By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the connectivity issues you are facing with the wired network on your laptop. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you have any other questions!

Solution
Back