Windows 7 Windows 7. Move to, Copy to, Toolbar icons?

epk1950

Banned
In xp there is a Move To & a Copy To Folder icon in IE.

Does Windows 7 inherit this option?
If so, how to enable or customize to have it appear.

Edit:
Also is it possible to customize this part of IE of in any way?
SS Below.

Last edited:
In xp there is a Move To & a Copy To Folder icon in IE.

Does Windows 7 inherit this option?
If so, how to enable or customize to have it appear.

Edit:
Also is it possible to customize this part of IE of in any way?
SS Below.

Most if not all utility/tweak software like 'Windows 7 Manager' and 'Tune-Up Utilities' can do this. You can also do it yourself quite easily by adding a couple of registry keys. I have attached the reg file that you need to add these two context menu handlers.

Hope this helps!

If you enable the "Menu Bar" under "Organize - Layout" there are "Move to folder" and "Copy to folder" commands under the "Edit" menu.

That is interesting, Stue. I have used the reg hack to enable the options. But I do not have that option under the the path you have indicated?

That is interesting, Stue. I have used the reg hack to enable the options. But I do not have that option under the the path you have indicated?

I have it under the 'Edit' menu, but I assumed that's because I enabled them myself. Even if they are there by default they still aren't available by right-click which is what I always use :)

Do you mean, Gavin, you still do not have the right click option, even after applying the hack?

If so, I can see it has a small difference to the one I use, but not enough to have spoiled it. However, I do not have the first line in the regfile.
This is mine.

Last edited:
Do you mean, Gavin, you still do not have the right click option, even after applying the hack?

If so, I can see it has a small difference to the one I use, but not enough to have spoiled it. However, I do not have the first line in the regfile.
This is mine.

No, sorry I meant I only ever use it from the right-click context menu, much handier! I don't use the reg file, I always used 'Tune-Up' or 'Windows 7 Manager' to make those sort of tweaks amongst others, but I always kept a copy of it around just in case.

Thanks anyway :)

I've never used the "Move to folder - Copy to folder" options. I've always used "Cut/Copy + Paste". Oh well, to each his own huh?

Back