Windows 7 Windows 7 Permissions

waygin1

:mad: I just loaded Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. The problem is that it is telling me that I don't have permission to open some folders and/or files and when I select large icons they don't display the picture. Also when I try to click a link in my email I get a message that the operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. All of these things worked right on Windows 7 32 bit. I am a retired programmer/Graphics Designer and have not had any experience with permissions. I have been on multiple types of computers since 1981.

Go into Control Panel and select User Accounts and click Change User Account Control Settings.
Joe

Hi

Check your user account and see if it is set to allow full permissions for everything.
Go to Control Panel, User Accounts and Family Safety.

Click Account Type.

Select your account, make sure it's set as Administrator.

Check out this posts...

SOLUTION: How to fix 'Access Denied' error with Windows 7 - Microsoft Community

Windows 7 Access Denied: Permission & Ownership

How do I change folder and file Permissions? - Microsoft Community

I remember that I had this a lot when I first switched to Windows 7 but I don't remember exactly what I did, but eventually I got to a point where it never asked my anything. LOL

Mike

Right now it looks like I have every thing working. It took all comments and some thinking about the processes. Thanks to every one.

Back