Windows 7 windows 7 pro oem replacement disk

labbats

I purchased the windows 7 pro 64 bit OEM version ,installed it and everything is fine.
I then misplaced the win 7 disk or it has found legs and left ,i also thought i would be smart and stick the purchase receipt in the Cd case,so this to is gone.
I did though, remove the license and stuck it to my PC.
I've checked on the Microsoft site but because it's an OEM version and my Pc is built by myself ,they can't do anything.
They suggest i see the dealer that i bought it from ,but they tell me without the original receipt the can't do much.
Is there anyplace i can download the ISO file(not RC release)and use my licence key for that version.
Or make a bootable disk from the i386 folder.

I know how this sounds but really I'm not kidding.

Thanks tblount,burnt the iso to disk

You oem key may not be accepted unless you have deleted ei.cfg before you burn. .. or do the registry tweak that tricks the full version to take an upgrade key. I'm not sure.

Anyone know if an oem key works like full version or upgrade?

Thanks for the responce.I got lucky this time ,found my disk under one of our beds.So its all good now.
But to respond,this is the full version with a clean install,not an upgrade and i have made a backup,lol.

Again thanks

Thanks for the responce.I got lucky this time ,found my disk under one of our beds.So its all good now.
But to respond,this is the full version with a clean install,not an upgrade and i have made a backup,lol.
Again thanks

Sounds like somethign pretty wild has been going on at the labbats house. :D

Anyway, your key determines if you can do a clean install without some trickery.

Thanks

Just had to say THANK YOU so much for this post as like labbats I too have misplaced my CDs - ironically hid them over CHristmas when I knew I was going to be out of the house and we'd a spate of local burglaries, but should have remembered my brain's like Swiss Cheese when it comes to memory and written down somewhere where I'd put them. Result is that I've hidden them so well, I'd now need a burglar to come find them for me LOL! Anyways - while 7 is so much more stable and better performing than XP ever was, I'm very aware of my propensity for fixing things till they break, so really wanted to get my CDs again. I'd phoned MS only to be told that of course they could provide me with a new set of discs but that'll be £16 thank you very much - I swore they kept the volume of the call so low I couldn't hear how they could justify that price, but regardless I figured I wasn't going to go down that route. And it was while I was searching for somewhere else to perhaps buy the CDs a bit cheaper that I discovered your post, and the joy of saving myself that money hasn't yet been surpassed (disabled, on benefit only income!).

So I just wanted to swing by and thank you for taking the time to not only provide that info, but also for your superb guides which have tweaked my system into a whole new state of play/performance.

Treble THANKS!!

Hi, take a look at Link Removed - Invalid URL

found this site and the replacement DVDs are very useful. Would recommend.

Back