Windows 7 Windows 7 Recovery disk not working

KilesaMara

Ive been having a bit of trouble with my windows 7 Toshiba laptop computer lately. It started with my computer running slow one evening so I tried to restart it but when it started up, it blue screened for half a second and shut off. I tried repeating this but it just kept happening. I tried going into the F12 menu to reset it but it didnt work that way either. It just showed the windows logo startup thing and then went to a black screen with my cursor still sitting there. After I tried that, restarting it showed a black screen that said

" Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 083) Copyright (c) 1997-2000 Intel Coporation

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.1.1.2(09/06/12)

Check cable connection! PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key "

So I got my Toshiba recovery media disk to try and fix it that way. It goes through and loads up fine, but it just shows a Windows logo and then eventually a little loading graphic and goes straight to a black screen. The recovery media disk that I have says "Toshiba Recovery Media Satelite S50 - A series Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit. I hope someone here knows a solution to this because I really cant afford to take this to a repair shop :(

Turn off laptop, unplug power AC adapter, remove battery. Now plug in AC power adapter and power on laptop with the laptop battery out.

Why do you state your recovery media shows Windows 8.1 x64? If you do have a Windows 8 system, you are in the Windows 7 forum...

Back
Top Bottom