Windows 7 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Download Available

Anybody else try slipstreaming this? I used the RTseven lite and it faults out. It integrated the individual updates OK.
Joe

Anybody else try slipstreaming this? I used the RTseven lite and it faults out. It integrated the individual updates OK.
Joe
It worked for me. I used RT7 and just followed the directions at the link provided by fjgold in post #29. It took about an hour and a half and it heated my processor up higher than I've ever seen it. But it will boot and my system lived through it just fine.

Dude, the reson is 1) People are excited about it, 2) we all here (Members, Moderators and admins are 80% sure this is the real thing) The KB is right, the signature is fine, MD5 Checksum is matching and it's fine, The size is matching and is fine and certainly there ain't any viruses in this also when installed there is no watermark/s or Time bombs/Stamps. :) Being that this file was the one sent to OEM's on the night of the 14th and leaked soon after, suggest's a person from either microsoft or an OEM Leaked this. 3) As Mike, our admin said in the meeting we will keep this up, untill a time that we are or Microsoft has email, phoned or issused a take down notice. so till then it's up and staying up and it will be continued to be downloaded and talked about.

Dude, my point was that Microsoft don't hide the fact when something goes RTM. The Russian Microsoft employee that said it had gone to OEM's subsequently updated saying that it has not gone RTM. If it had then the US team's blog(s) would acknowledge it within 24hrs as they normally do. Yes there's a delay with the official marketing sites, etc. but not on the employee blogs. It's never longer than 24-48 hrs when we hear it has gone RTM. That didn't happen with this build and they have officially said it is not the RTM.

My worry is the poor innocents installing this when it's still essentially an RC and not the RTM. People can get excited about another RC if they like, but what about the people who believe this is the RTM?

Here is the original blog which started this off and you'll see it now includes an official statement updating the situation:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/vm/archi...-pack-1-windows-7-windows-server-2008-r2.aspx

Sites like http://www.winsupersite.com/ will also confirm it when it really has gone RTM.

It worked for me. I used RT7 and just followed the directions at the link provided by fjgold in post #29. It took about an hour and a half and it heated my processor up higher than I've ever seen it. But it will boot and my system lived through it just fine.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that it is very processor intensive.
My Core2Duo got to about 180 F.
Intel says max is 212 F.
I run a tray app that reports core temp in realtime.

Dude, my point was that Microsoft don't hide the fact when something goes RTM. The Russian Microsoft employee that said it had gone to OEM's subsequently updated saying that it has not gone RTM. If it had then the US team's blog(s) would acknowledge it within 24hrs as they normally do. Yes there's a delay with the official marketing sites, etc. but not on the employee blogs. It's never longer than 24-48 hrs when we hear it has gone RTM. That didn't happen with this build and they have officially said it is not the RTM.

My worry is the poor innocents installing this when it's still essentially an RC and not the RTM. People can get excited about another RC if they like, but what about the people who believe this is the RTM?

This isn't an RC They promised there will only be 1 RC and be RTM in the 1st Q1 of this year, That means either January or Febuary of this year. SP1 has already gone to OEM's so it'll come through Windows up date at the end of the month or Feb's patch tuesday, If it doesn't well there's something wrong. I installed it lake many people and as I said that this version, when, installed there is no watermark/s or Time bombs/Stamps. evaluations. this is 100% working full version (Not a test/beta/RC) If it was it would have the watermark and a time bomb. We here have 80% chance this is it, Personally if it turns out not to be the RTM, I would be wondering what it could be. baring in mind this is digitaly signed by MS, and all other factors said alredy

Well Nero 8 consistently reports "power calibration" in SP1.
I haven't tried reinstalling Nero yet mainly because Nero makes it such a PITA.

I'm posting from the pre SP1 image and can report no burn issues with the pre SP1 Win 7.
I'm reasonably sure that Nero 8 isn't playing well with SP1.
It is likely Nero's fault and will need a fix by them.
I could pay for an upgrade to the latest Nero I suppose.

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling first.

Stuey
I got it. I was running in VMware and only had about 10 G free space I deleted some junk an had about 15G clear and it ran fine. Apparently it needs alot more free space than I thought.
Joe

nope, only did a fresh install of pc last week so very little on, all the win updates where completed fine beforehand

This isn't an RC They promised there will only be 1 RC and be RTM in the 1st Q1 of this year, That means either January or Febuary of this year. SP1 has already gone to OEM's so it'll come through Windows up date at the end of the month or Feb's patch tuesday, If it doesn't well there's something wrong. I installed it lake many people and as I said that this version, when, installed there is no watermark/s or Time bombs/Stamps. evaluations. this is 100% working full version (Not a test/beta/RC) If it was it would have the watermark and a time bomb. We here have 80% chance this is it, Personally if it turns out not to be the RTM, I would be wondering what it could be. baring in mind this is digitaly signed by MS, and all other factors said alredy

Generally Q1 refers to the financial year making it April onwards

I'm posting from the pre SP1 image and can report no burn issues with the pre SP1 Win 7.

I ununstalled and reinstalled Nero 8 a couple of times.

Still issues "power calibration" error though not always.
I think it's just crappy media.

I ununstalled and reinstalled Nero 8 a couple of times.

Still issues "power calibration" error though not always.
I think it's just crappy media.

Sorry to hear you have problems with nero and sp1

Use imageburn, its simpler, works with sp1(tested) and best of all it's free:)

Goodluck.

How To Integrate or Slipstream Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Into Installation DVD, ISO
To create an ISO or new DVD that includes Service Pack 1 as a slipstreamed (seamless) installation you can follow the tutorial here, please note that this tutorial is not an "official" method for creating a bootable SP1 installation media... however users have reported that this method works.

Fantastic.

Thanks Mike.

Generally Q1 refers to the financial year making it April onwards
Where I'am the Financial year starts in December. I know that because work did an audit and did all the rolls for it like all other busnisses. so our Q1 is December-Febuary. So dunno why it's different

I gave up on Nero a few years back. I really like ImgBurn.

The Official ImgBurn Website

Be patient. The process is both time consuming and processor intensive.
Expect at least an hour to complete.
Yep. Mine took over an hour and the processor temp was sometimes in the high 160's. It usually runs in the 110's and 120's.

I gave up on Nero a few years back. I really like ImgBurn.

The Official ImgBurn Website
Just tried ImageBurn. cool.
No coasters.
What sucks is the fact that I have money tied up in Nero.
When I install it all I ever install is the burning software part.
The rest of the stuff in the bloated product is crap.
I even paid a little for a Nero Linux 4 license.

Installing is a PITA and they don't even include help files.
You have to D\L those separately.
Nero says thats to keep the program D\L small, like an additional 5 MB will make a difference.

ImageBurn seems to be pretty simple and easy to use.

Just tried ImageBurn. cool.
No coasters.
What sucks is the fact that I have money tied up in Nero.
When I install it all I ever install is the burning software part.
The rest of the stuff in the bloated product is crap.
I even paid a little for a Nero Linux 4 license.

Installing is a PITA and they don't even include help files.
You have to D\L those separately.
Nero says thats to keep the program D\L small, like an additional 5 MB will make a difference.

ImageBurn seems to be pretty simple and easy to use.
Yeah the guides under the help menu are well written. Also any coasters I burn are because of media problems. I just finished a package of Verbatim DVD+r disks that refused to burn on my laptop. They worked on my old desktop though. Now I'm using Verbatim DVD-r's that burn great. Sometimes burners and media just don't mix.

Back