Windows 7 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Download Available

I have the same problem both with the X64 and X86 Files. I have followed the instructions re the "update ready" update, disabled Norton 360 etc, but am unable to install the Service Pack. Any help would be appreciated.

Installed SP1 from Softpedia on 2 Win 7 64 machines, but the 3rd is getting the 0x800f0826 error code.
The CBS log indicates a couple of errors such as:
2011-01-21 22:12:25, Error CBS SPI: (CheckForPendingFlag:90)Failed to open component hive at C:\Windows\System32\config\components er=0x0
2011-01-21 22:12:25, Error CBS SPI: (SPIRegQueryDWORDValue:413)Failed to query registry value: ComponentsRemoved er=0x2

All windows updates through today have been installed. I tried all the usual steps I could find on this and other forums such as running the diagnostic tool, changing certain services from manual to automatic, stopping AV, installing as admin., etc., etc.

I guess a repair install would solve the problem, but was just curious if anyone else had run into this problem. Since SP1 basically just includes all updates to date and no real enhancements, I suppose I can do without.

The version of SP1 on Softpedia.com is now the release candidate build and not what is believed to be the final RTM build. For the record, at this time, Softpedia.com is no longer hosting 7601.17514.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850. Instead, they are diverting their visitors to the page for the Release Candidate build, which is older, and a completely different version released some time ago for public testing.

As for whether or not this would solve your problem, I do not know. As stated in our podcast meeting, one of our Microsoft MVPs did contact a MVP lead on Monday about this build. We have received no request to remove the links. To confirm your version, please follow these instructions:

To identify the Windows 7 build string from the registry:

• Click Start, type regedit and press Enter to open the Windows registry
  • Navigate to the registry key – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
  • As of this date, you will see something like the image below (x64):
View attachment 10806

Thanks Mike,
The version that installed correctly on 2 machines matches your string above. The 3rd machine obviously has issues that I will deal with.
Thanks again for your help.

Once again thanks for the total lack of response, I assume I've offended everyone.
No point being here.

Hi everyone
Please forgive my ignorance but I've looked through this thread and I'm unsure of things.
Firstly can someone say in the most simple terms possible what the upside of installing SP1 and what's the down side.
The issue of auto updating, I have my settings set to inform me when windows update are available and I decide when it installs, are we saying this update sets everything to automatically update?

It would be fairly clear after reading through the many posts since this question as to not require a direct response, but since you asked for one, upside of SP1 is it's a single shot update that covers all previous windows updates since release, which not everyone does, beyond that it doesnt offer new features. Waiting for the windows update to prompt you will be a few months down the line in all likelyness and this sp1 update is merely a advanced issue for the more well informed that dont rely on windows update alone.

It would be fairly clear after reading through the many posts since this question as to not require a direct response, but since you asked for one, upside of SP1 is it's a single shot update that covers all previous windows updates since release, which not everyone does, beyond that it doesnt offer new features. Waiting for the windows update to prompt you will be a few months down the line in all likelyness and this sp1 update is merely a advanced issue for the more well informed that dont rely on windows update alone.
Thank you
I'm most definitely ignorant but the first line is a question as I quoted reading the posts but was still not clear.:redface:

Thank you
I'm most definitely ignorant but the first line is a question as I quoted reading the posts but was still not clear.:redface:
This thread has definitely switched back and forth a lot. If I hadn't been one of the first ones to get it I would be confused too. It went well for me and I think it went well for the vast majority of people who installed it.

I had to do an upgrade re-install of Windows 7 before SP1 would install. Windows Update offered 59 updates which I turned down believing SP1 would have them. Of course SP1 only contains updates to 2010-11-19.

I use a free program called Belarc Advisor which creates a profile of your system. Amongst a wealth of other information it includes a list of your installed updates with a direct Microsoft download link beside each one. The report appears in your browser and can be saved.

My system was missing 10 post SP1 updates which I have identified and manually downloaded.

Is Windows Update ignoring systems with SP1 installed?

I installed Win 7 SP1 2 days ago and I have not had any problems so far, the installation went with out any problem at all.

Gambler: Can you please tell us which updates were shown missing?

The version of SP1 on Softpedia.com is now the release candidate build and not what is believed to be the final RTM build. For the record, at this time, Softpedia.com is no longer hosting 7601.17514.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850. Instead, they are diverting their visitors to the page for the Release Candidate build, which is older, and a completely different version released some time ago for public testing.

As for whether or not this would solve your problem, I do not know. As stated in our podcast meeting, one of our Microsoft MVPs did contact a MVP lead on Monday about this build. We have received no request to remove the links. To confirm your version, please follow these instructions:

To identify the Windows 7 build string from the registry:

• Click Start, type regedit and press Enter to open the Windows registry
  • Navigate to the registry key – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
  • As of this date, you will see something like the image below (x64):

View attachment 10806
I got luck I got my SP1 from Softpedia before they changed over to the older one, How do I know this I ran Regedit as shown and my build lab shows 7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
My buildlabEx shows 7601.17514amd64fre.win7sp1_rtm.rtm101119-1850
Just like Mike has posted.
Yes I re-installed SP1 again this time I am not going to remove the backup files. I still will keep a Pre SP1 image on hand just in case.

Gambler: Can you please tell us which updates were shown missing?

Only 1 of the 10 post SP1 updates would install

Windows6.1-KB2305420-x64.msu vulnerbility in task schedular
The other nine produced this error message:

error msg: this update is not applicable to this computer

Windows6.1-KB2296199-x64.msu
Windows6.1-KB2385678-x64.msu
Windows6.1-KB2419640-x64.msu
Windows6.1-KB2423089-x64.msu
Windows6.1-KB2436673-x64.msu
Windows6.1-KB2442962-x64.msu
Windows6.1-KB2443685-x64.msu
Windows6.1-KB2454826-x64.msu
Windows6.1-KB2467659-x64.msu

First post so hi to all.

Quick question as to this download, have downloaded and installed, everything seems fine. I am curious as to why i can't check the digital signature of the file, everytime i do the file locks up and stops responding.??
Thanks

I had to do an upgrade re-install of Windows 7 before SP1 would install. Windows Update offered 59 updates which I turned down believing SP1 would have them. Of course SP1 only contains updates to 2010-11-19.

I use a free program called Belarc Advisor which creates a profile of your system. Amongst a wealth of other information it includes a list of your installed updates with a direct Microsoft download link beside each one. The report appears in your browser and can be saved.

My system was missing 10 post SP1 updates which I have identified and manually downloaded.

The free program you mentioned,"Belarc Advisor" is one of the best free utilities around. I had this installed when I learned computers on Vista when it came out. It always kept me up to date on what I had and didn't have. Great little program to follow you up on your post.

The free program you mentioned,"Belarc Advisor" is one of the best free utilities around. I had this installed when I learned computers on Vista when it came out. It always kept me up to date on what I had and didn't have. Great little program to follow you up on your post.

I was just wondering as to why is it when you google this update KB976932 it comes up as the SP1 Beta release and it says further down on MS page that it has to be un-installed before the final release. This is the SP1 update that I installed from this site on the night that it came out. I also went in to the registry and looked at the string to compare it to the string you have posted on a previous page and it matches up perfectly. Is this going to have to be taken off when the Official release comes out? I did an Acronis image backup the day before this went in, but I'm running out of room to do more incremental backups, so I'm going to have to make a decision on what to do with all my January and Dec. Acronis backups. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom