Windows 7 windows 7 start up question

j3553

Hi,new to the forums here.:p

Anyways, I have windows 7 ultimate, and every time i boot up my computer, a bunch of folders open up, including "Documents", "Libraries", "Networks", "Control Panel", and everything on my desktop.

this is really annoying and I am wondering if there is a way to fix this.

Hi

That's weird, I have never seen that.

I'm not sure exactly what you are seeing, I don't think of Control Panel as a folder.
Is there any chance you could post a screen shot of you desktop at startup?
Windows 7 has it's own tool called the Snipping Tool for making screen shots.

Do you mean the Folders that are normally on your desktop are open and shown in a kind of 3D array when windows opens or are this folders just appearing on there own?

If you open Window Explorer and look at Desktop does it show all these folders there.

If these folders are just showing up....

Is there anything in the folders?
Can you move the folders to another location?

If you do any of theses things do they reappear the next time you boot up?

Mike

Last edited:
sorry, when i said "folders", i meant "windows".

everything on my desktop is opened. this includes folders, shortcuts, applications, etc.

I don't really want to move my entire documents folder, and most of the windows that pop up aren't folders(sorry about the confusion)

Oh, and here is a screenshot Capture.PNG

As always, We welcome you to Windows 7 Forums :)
How long has this problem been occurring?
Open the start menu and type "msconfig". From here navigate to the startup tab. Next we'd appreciate a screenshot or list of what's there.
It may also help to open start, type "cmd" and Run as Admin.. from here type "sfc /scannow" This will launch the Windows System Integrity Violation check and will automatically fix any found problems.

As always, We welcome you to Windows 7 Forums :)
How long has this problem been occurring?
Open the start menu and type "msconfig". From here navigate to the startup tab. Next we'd appreciate a screenshot or list of what's there.
It may also help to open start, type "cmd" and Run as Admin.. from here type "sfc /scannow" This will launch the Windows System Integrity Violation check and will automatically fix any found problems.

This problem has been occurring ever since i installed Windows 7 on my computer. It used to be running XP before a virus busted it:tongue:

I already tried msconfig, and the startup tab only has printer software, which i unchecked.

also, I logged on as admin, but when i tried the cmd command, it still says "you must be logged on as administrator....etc."

Try using the Windows 7 repair disc to run startup repair, it may by chance fix that problem. Also run the SFC prompt from there too (there is a command prompt option on the disc)

But judging on the info above, you may just want to backup and do a clean installation, I know that doesn't sound useful or helpful at all, but I assure it will fix both problems.

It could be quicker (and might work?) to create a new user and try to log on there.

Back