Windows 7 Windows 7 starter to airport express printer

forschreiber

I have an Asus 1005ha netbook running Windows 7 starter that connects fine to my airport express network. The netbook finds my Canon iP5000 printer, I have updated the driver which shows up, but I can not print. I have tried running the printer through Bonjour for Windows but can not complete the process due to a message of "You do not have sufficient access to your computer to connect to the selected printer."

Any help would be appreciated. I am a lifle long Mac guy that is questioning my foray into the Windows world...please help.

Is the Canon ip5000 a network attached printer, meaning does it connect wirelessly or through an ethernet cable (hoping that's what the ip stands for in its' name) or is it a host based printer meaning connect through parallel or usb to another computer and shared that way.

OK, it would seem that your imac is preventing you from connecting. I'm a little out of my depth when it comes to Mac OS's, typically I would recommend adding your username and password that you are using on the Win 7 machine to the machine that you are having issues with. If you can do that then perhaps it would help, otherwise examine the printer permissions and see how it is shared on the iMac. Are there any shared folders on the iMac and can you access them from the Win7 machine? If you can see it, you should be able to access it once you overcome the permissions issue.

EDIT: Is there any type of firewall settings or file and printer sharing setting that still need to be adjusted on the MAC?

Back
Top Bottom