Windows 7 Windows 7 Ultimate very slow at the boot ...

rahasiyam

Hi

I have a little problem since 1 month. My Win7 is very very slow to boot, about 5 really minuts.. i don't know why because I use a ghost from november 2009 and the problem is still here.
If i push F8 to see the options, and choose for example "enable boot logging" it starts normally and it's the same things for others options. It's very weird..

So, do you have an idea to resolve this problem? or if not, how can I force at the boot the option " enable boot logging" ? if it's possible.

Thanks a lot.
Regards

Yes. It is possible, but your problem is unusual. With boot logging enabled, the boot would normally take a little longer.
However. Open Msconfig and select the "Boot" tab. Enable "Boot Log" and you've got it.
The boot log, ntbtlog.txt, will then be located in the C:\Windows directory.
But first, check if the log is not already present. If it is, delete it before restarting, as it adds subsequent logs to the first and becomes impossibly long.
It would be possibly of help if you could post the new log here.

hum ok thanks for that.
I don't know if it works by this way but i'll try tomorrow.
I'll have the ntbtlog.txt so i can see why Win7 is slow.. because when i selected this option with F8, the boot is normal, i can't see why it's slow in the file..

I keep you in touch :) thanks!

If this is an AMD system, especially a Gigabyte board, in AHCI disk mode simply install the AMD AHCI driver and it will fly - that's a fairly known problem in the GIgabyte arena.

hum yes for AMD/Gigabyte and AHCI but my problem is here just since 1 month, so it's weird. Before that, i had no problem but I will install the driver too.

Where ican found this driver? Gigabyte or AMD website ?

Thanks.

In the ntbtlog.txt, i have some drivers that don't load :

Code:
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vga.sys

Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS
Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS

Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\srv.sys
Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\srv.sys
Maybe one of them (NDProxy.SYS maybe no ?) causes the slowdown of Win7..

It looks, at first glance, that you are running more than one connection.(NdProxy).
Do you use wireless or ethernet? (Or Both!!) Whichever, if you answer is one only, disable the other in the device manager. It could be that you have a paging confliction between the two.
The other non loader is usually associated with a firewall. What firewall do you run?. If it is third party, disable it and try another boot. (Comodo is a favorite fior this fault)

Last edited:
On this computer, I have just one connection by Ethernet, no wifi and in the device manager, i have just one connection.. and no proxy.

I use Eset Smart Security but before that, i don't have any problems... I don't understand..
But I think it's the NDProxy.sys...but why when I go to the option boot and select for example Last good configuration, Win7 boots normaly ?

very weird :/

" select for example Last good configuration, Win7 boots normaly "

I think I am misunderstanding something in this problem?
You are saying that your computer boots normally, after the above, but, without your apllication, immediately on the next boot it is bad again?
What happened after you tried the MSconfig option?

ho yes sorry, but i must select this option every time to boot normally.. this option or "enable log" but all the time. But if Win7 boot without F8 and any options, it's very slow again..

After MSconfig option, it's the same thing, very slow. Win7 create the ntbtlog.txt but I must to display the options at the boot to boot normally.

It's for that it's very weird.. why it boots normally just after display the options? if there is a problem with a drivers or DLL or whatever, it will be slow everytime.

Last edited:
I must confess the problem is not making any sense to me. The only possible explanation is a bad hardware situation. BUt this would not be helped by starting as you suggest.
Again, it should not make any difference to your boot choice, but what are you loading under the startup tab in Msconfig, and what waiting time, if any, do you have selected under the boot manager. (If you have a dual boot)
Last resort, from me, is to disconnect all your USB etc peripherals and try a boot. That will eliminate off motherboard hardware problems.

no dual boot, just Win7.

In MSconfig, i have unselect some files so in General, the last option is checked "selectiv boot"? (in french, démarrage sélectif").

For me too the are no sense for this f........grrr problem :/

Thanks for your help..

This is what I have set. The first under General and then the startup tab. Other than this, I think you seem to be left with only a reinstall option!!

Last edited:
Here my Msconfig for "General". There is a lots of apps in Boot tab but all is OK.

Attachments

• 11-05-2010 00-54-47.jpg
    11-05-2010 00-54-47.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 734
A lot of Apps?
Many third party programs install in the startup tab. This is almost,without exception, not needed, as they will run on demand. Such as Itunes: Quicktime: Adobe etc. The only important programs needed are your antivirus and, sometimes, your graphics drivers, although the graphics drivers are usually loaded anyway, by default.

yes i know :) all the apps is my graphic driver, firewall, epson status etc etc
I autorize all this app and anyway, this appli is loading with Windows, not in the windows startup with the logo animation, i think.

Back