Windows 7 Windows 7 Undentified Network Wireless Connection

Teddy Gruber

Alright I am running Windows 7 X64 Bit. I am running a Linksys AE1000 wireless adapter with a Linksys router with Comcast cable. Anyway here is my problem.

Before I didn’t have to configure the IP4 settings as it was set automatically obtain IP and DNS settings. But now I have to put in those values manually to get online because if I don’t I get the unidentified network in my the network area.

I have done the following setting adjustments:

-Disabled the bonjour service.
-Uninstalled Reinstalled the network adapter.
-Tried System Restore
I don’t know what else to do. Any help be appreciated.

If you right click the wireless adapter icon, does your network show as possible connections? Is it using the correct one?

If you open the Network and Sharing Center, does your network show as a House or Bench? Can you change if it shows a Bench?

Are you showing the correct Work Group name?

Are you sure the Bonjour service is not running. I had a problem the other day and uninstalled it. Do not know for sure it helped, but the network did start working again. I thought it was a little strange that the service seemed to be related to the Gadgets.

A couple of times, I have had to manually enter the IP addresses but was able to change back once the system recognized the network.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom