Windows 7 Windows 7 unmountable boot volume blue screen problem

Cpu2007

Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me out as I can't find any solution to this problem.
I have read some posts on this forums that suggests to use chdisk, run in low resolution, repair the installation but none of this has worked for me.

When I start the laptop (toshiba satellite) it runs and boot logo comes up, after that a black screen with a cursor.
Using one of the option that stop windows from restarting during crash I seen that the blue screen says "unmountable boot volume"

I have windows 7 dvd which I used, it says to press any key to contnue, once done nothing happens, a boot logo comes again and the black screen with the cursor.

I hope someone can help, thank you.

if you have the main disc, place it in the laptop , boot from cd when it tries to repair click cancel, click advanced options
click command promt

type as seperate commands
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
bootrec.exe /fixboot

Even using the W7 installation disk it wasnt working, its like it loads the CD and then it goes to the windows logo and then the black screen with cursor comes again.

What I did is:

Taken off the hard drive
Under Linux I have formatted the Hardrive removing every single partition.
Then used the hard drive again in the laptop and it has installed properly and everything.

However the computer kept being slow, I was installing firefox and avast and the OS froze on avast. I waited 20-30 and then had to shut it down by keep pressing the power button(as no other command was working).
When I turned it on it's not working again, all black, I tried to install the CD and/or to repair it but after asking me for the language when I click on "install now" or "repair" it frezes again.

I can't get access to the command prompt either using the dvd, it comes on the screen saying safe mode and the cursor but nothing else.

ok i have encountared the exact same problem (unmountable boot volume, black screen + mouse cursor, etc).... but i have found a solution for those people who do not want to format, remove or replace the harddrive

1-First put the windows installation disc inside your computer, and set the priorty to boot from disc

2-When the computer says press any key to boot from disc (PRESS ONLY F8) and keep on pressing it until you see the advanced options (NOTICE that THESE options are loaded from the disc, because i have tried the advanced options without the installation CD, but unfourtunatley nothing worked)

3- Choose safe mode (TRUST ME THIS WILL WORK) but the computer will not go to windows... rather you will see it loading the cd windows installation

4- When Safe mode loads press next then press repair your computer... (AT this state your computer might run very slowly but be patient)

5- Now wait until your computer loads... and press next again... and this time you will see the options like ( Startup repair, or system recovery, or..... )

6- Choose command prompt and type bootrec/fixmbr

7- than type chkdsk c: /r (this option will eventually fix your computer, but it will take ALOT of time depending of how much your hardrive is corrupted, and it might stop at some point. If you feel that it is stuck at a specific sector, dont worry clos command prompt and repeat steps 1-7) and it will definetaly work

A slow hard drive is sometimes a symptom of a dying hard drive.

The most important thing at this point is to ensure that your files are backed up.

Then proceed with this free, bootable hard drive diagnostic procedure: Link Removed - Invalid URL
If that passes, then the other steps listed above are likely to fix the problem.
If it doesn't pass, then you'll need a new hard drive.

On infrequent occasions some of the hard drive tests will recommend repairing the drive with their built in tools.
In most cases that I've seen, this only saves the hard drive for a short period of time.
Since it destroys the contents of sectors on the hard drive - this means you'll have to re-install Windows
Then, when it fails again (as has been my experience) - you'll have to re-install Windows again :0(

Back
Top Bottom