Windows 7 Windows 7 wont boot

chromium

Ok so i had a dualboot setup with windows 7 and ubuntu.
I decided to remove the ubuntu partition to install windows 8 instead.
I used Easybcd to change the bootloader from grub to windows 7 bootloader, and i then deleted the ubuntu partition. I also deleted my windows 7 recovery partition to gain some more space (which i now regret). I then needed to combine the unallocated spaces, so i used easeus partition master to move my C: drive all the way to the left, and have the 2 unallocated spaces beside each other so that they could be merged. When i applied the changes and the computer rebooted, i was presented with an error that said:

PXE-E61 : media test failure check cable
PXE-M0F : Exiting PXE ROM
Insert bootable media and press any key to continue

It also said something to do with my network card, which im guessing means that it has not found any bootable os on my hdd so it is booting from network as a last resort.

Please help! I would like to now if it will be possible the get my os running again, or if i will have to reinstall windows, or even if my hdd is so destroyed to the point that i cant install an os.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated

Looks like the pc is trying to boot from your network card due to boot failure from the hard drive. Your changes have made the drive unbootable for some reason - could be as simple as the boot sector needing repair, may be worse and the changes have corrupted the file system on the drive or at worst could be complete hard drive failure. Most likely is in the order I've listed. You should, of course at least burned some recovery disks before erasing your recovery drive and also backed up any impaortant data before re-partitioning etc.

For now you should start by ensuring that your bios is set to boot with the hard drive as first device and the optical drive as second. Then try rebooting.

If that fails boot from a windows 7 dvd and run a startup repair.

If that fails run a hard drive check from the windows disk.

Back