Windows 7 Windows 7 x64 Pro + internet issue

gravpl

Hello there.

I have a following problem: my internet keeps disconnecting while playing Steam games, or doing other tasks. Simply: when i do anything different then surfing the net it halts for a brief moment and then comes back.

Also i have browsed through google and this forum in search of solution but none of following helped:
1) Reinstallation of Windows 7
2) Updating drivers (and degrading too)
3) Screwing around with Task Offload, unchecking IPv6 etc.
4) Restarting/Reconnecting modem

The symptoms (after almost whole day of research) are: while playing (for example) Team Fortress 2 it's all fine. After 2-5 min (record is 10 min) outbound traffic is holding up, while inbound is still recieving. This results that i hear and see whats going around in game but i cannot do anything for like next minute or two and then i usually get kicked off. Funny thing is that if i alt-tab the net gets fixed for another 2-5 min.

Now the fun part. It started to occur yesterday. I had 3 days of true pleasure of using Windows 7, therefor it excludes any fault from internet provider. Also: I never had such a problem while using Windows XP*. The only suspect is my ethernet controller, which got updated yesterday (so it covers) but even so it shouldn't be a deal after i had a clear reinstall of Windows 7. Still it is the main suspect, it might have conflict with W7

Any ideas? If more info is needed i will gladly tell.

Motherboard: Asus P5QL Pro

Ethernet controller: Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller
Tried all 3 drivers which are on producer list, and are made for W7 x64

Connection type: Wire, stright to the modem.
Modem: Webstar EPX2203

edit: can't really give log out of msinfo32 - because i use Polish version of W7....

*And i'am not willing to roll back , but if its stable net vs shiny new W7, the first one wins :|

Last edited:
More information: While the blockage of sent packages (outbound) is blocked I've managed to run diagnostic tool. It found out that "default gateway is inaccessible" (rough translation) Therefor i'am suspecting that something mixes (for a short while) connection between PC and my Modem.

Worth mentioning: i have my gateway/ip/dns settings on auto-search.

edit: I don't have any Anti-virus program or firewall.

Windows is up-to-date.

edit 2: There are no changes of diodes on my modem during the "lag"

edit 3: I've set my drivers on v 1.0.0.16 - compatible with Win 7 x64. Also sometimes i have to reboot my network adapter to regain connection

edit 4: while idle my pinging session is perfectly clear and without any gaps.

Last edited:
Back