Windows 10 Windows button & search not working prop.

Dagmarhuttinga

Hello everybody,

I was hoping to get some help here, somehow my windows button and search button in the taskbar are not responding/not working

Windows button = slow, it opens after 1 second.
Search button = not working at all.

When i click on the windows button and then just type something nothing happens either, it was before.

Thanks you in advance and greetings,
Dagmar

Last edited:
HI!
If you're having problems with Windows 10 on your PC, you could use push-button reset to refresh or reset Windows.

Refresh your PC Fixes software problems by reinstalling the OS while preserving the user data, user accounts, and important settings. All other preinstalled customizations are restored to their factory state. In Windows 10, this feature no longer preserves user-acquired Windows apps.

Reset your PC prepares the PC for recycling or for transfer of ownership by reinstalling the OS, removing all user accounts and contents (e.g. data, Classic Windows applications, and Universal Windows apps), and restoring preinstalled customizations to their factory state.

The options above are great for what they are intended for, but you could also do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything other than all installed Windows Updates.
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

This tutorial will show you how to do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do a repair install of Windows 10.

Hi holdum & others,

Thanks for you replie!
Somehow, after a AMD update it works good again, strange enough..

Maybe it had something to do with Visuals or somesort.

Dagmar

Good for you! Thanks for the feed back. Come back and see us often!
Some times we just have to except the fact that computers were built to annoy us and they love confusing us and doing strange things.;)

Back
Top Bottom