Windows 7 Windows Explorer is not Responding

matata

Up until recently when I clicked on the red cross the prog closed instantly but now whenever I click to close a prog I get the 'revolving circle' for perhaps half a minute or more with the message ;- "Widows Explorer is not responding. Restart...Close...wait..." Can anyone offer any explanation 7 solution please.

Hello matata,

Off the top of my head there are about 3 most common issues that would cause Windows Explorer not to respond.

1. Software; The functions of some applications may attempt to perform actions or access resources that Windows cannot understand. Update any and all 3rd party software to the most current version.

2. Drivers; Drivers are extremely important and are in constant use while the system is powered on. Drivers have a high rate of opportunity for failure. Update your device drivers.

3. Overheating; Make sure your inside is free of dust and the case has good air flow, make sure your fans are working effectively, especially the CPU and the video card.

You may want to run SFC /scannow, which will fix any damaged/corrupt system files, which could also be a cause.

Hope this helps

Don

I had this same issue on a previous laptop, It turns out the cpu was indeed overheating
I had the fan ect cleaned and it worked normally again

Back
Top Bottom