Windows file explorer window in my PC doesn't show and pop up anymore

Berrander

The Windows file explorer window in my PC doesn't show and pop up anymore in my Windows 10 computer. It does highlight on the Windows taskbar where I can see that that window is opened and also, I can hover over it with my mouse cursor and then its little explorer window icon pops up on the task bar but that's it, the big window itself doesn't show up or is accessible anywhere.
I have all latest updates of Windows 10 installed. What I tried already: I uninstalled a couple of apps which I think I had installed around the time this problem started happening. And I also updated all my drivers with my paid driver update tool. But all with no success.
I never had this kind of problem before and I don't know what else to do.
I could uninstall all remaining apps on my PC one by one and see if that fixes it but those are still quite a lot of apps and then I would need to re-install them later again. Not sure if I should do that.

Try pressing tab + Windows key that should show you all open windows. It's possible it's on a different virtual desktop

Try pressing tab + Windows key that should show you all open windows. It's possible it's on a different virtual desktop
I tried this and even though the Windows file explorer was clicked and shows as an highlighted icon on the taskbar, I can't see it as one of the open windows in my virtual desktop/that key combination you mentioned. I don't have any other virtual desktop.

@Neemobeer. You were close.
I got it solved.
I hit alt+tab until the Windows explorer window was the front-most window. Then I hit alt + pressed Space, let go of both and hit M, then used the arrow keys to move the explorer window back on-screen. Because I had 'Extended desktop' in my Windows' Display settings, it was off-screen.
It went off-screen because I used to use a second monitor but then later on I didn't use the second monitor anymore and turned it off but you can still accidentally click and drag open windows on to it.
So I used the arrow keys to get the window on the visible portion of the screen. Thanks!

Both key combs will show all open windows win + tab will just show all virtual desktops as well. Glad you got in fixed.

So happy this problem got solved. Thanks! Do you also use an extendend desktop with one or more monitors?

I had also posted this problem to Windows' official support forum but I only got quite difficult and not usefull replies there.

Why would it be that the official support forum didn't come up with better replies?
Here is the link to it if you want to check it out:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-4caf850ea4ac?tm=1554403421228&auth=1&lc=1043

Back