Windows 10 Windows Firewall has blocked ...............

silverman

Honorable Member
I have been running Windows 10 for about a month, recently I have received two pop-up the following one for the first time today.

Windows Firewall has blocked some features on all public and private networks.

I managed to get a copy of this message (see attachment)

Before I had a chance to click on the option of ALLOW or Cancel it went off screen.

What's it all about?

I have a total of three computers on this network that are running at the time (2 x PC on Windows 7) and one Toshiba that had been updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (a bout a month ago)

I will post a further Thread for the other pop-up shortly.

Attachments

• windosw Fire wall has blocked ......jpg
    windosw Fire wall has blocked ......jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 411
premier opinion is a spyware... your system needs a malware scan to remove it.

Thanks for your reply, are you saying it should be removed ? I have a full version of Norton, should this have removed it? or should I have run a complete scan?

Thanks for your reply, are you saying it should be removed ? I have a full version of Norton, should this have removed it? or should I have run a complete scan?

You should download malware removal tool from Microsoft and do a full scan. This can take a very long time, but will remove any malware found. Just be patient.

No need to have Norton, or indeed any other anti virus software, with Win 10. Rely on Windows defender (free with Win 10 installation) which updates itself every day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will try that later today when I have time to keep an eye on it, as see what happens.
I have a group licence for my Norton software for all my computers and would like to keep this on my Windows 10 computers (as I change from Win7 to Win10), will I have any problems with both running together? Norton is Windows 10 compliant.

I have just looked for this :- Download malware removal tool from Microsoft for Windows 10 - and got the following message:-

Malicious Software Removal Tool is not compatible with your system.

You are running Windows10 64-bit. Although Malicious Software Removal Tool will not run on your system, you can download Malicious Software Removal Tool for other operating systems.

Any suggestions?

Malicious Software Removal Tool is not compatible with your system.

You are running Windows10 64-bit. Although Malicious Software Removal Tool will not run on your system, you can download Malicious Software Removal Tool for other operating systems.

I gave my Windows 10 laptop a full scan using my Norton it took some time and said no issues found. How important is it that I get Download malware removal tool, in view of the above message?

Lets make this clear for you mate, Norton is SHIT!
If you want to keep it then put up with the malware or get rid of Norton and install a real anti-virus and malware solution.

I note your comments, I can't say I agree with what you are saying however.
Many of my friends who use the free antiviruses programmes have picked up may problems including complete wipe outs.
Each year Norton seems to get even better, perhaps you have not used it for as long as I have.

If I took your advise I would not be protected. I did try to down load "Malicious Software Removal Tool" from MS only to get the message:-
Not compatible with your system.
You are running Windows10 64-bit. Although Malicious Software Removal Tool will not run on your system, you can download Malicious Software Removal Tool for other operating systems. (I assume they are suggesting Norton)

So it looks as if I am stuck with my reliable Norton. With no other option.

Hi

I got the same message when I checked it, I'm running Windows 10 64 bit.

Try running Malwarebytes, that and SuperAntiSpyware is the only thing I run other then Windows Defender.
You can get both of these for free.

I've run just Windows Defender, Malwarebytes and Super Anti Spyware for years and I've never had any kind of serious malware issue.

Other then an occasional PUP, and Cookies, which these programs quickly remove I've had nothing get through.

I often use only Malwarebytes to remove malware from friends computers when they get infected.

I too would recommend dumping Norton, it's almost like malware itself, and I real drag on computer performance.

Mike

Sorry for the trouble. Norton is compatible with Windows 10, it seems like Norton firewall drivers are corrupted for some reason. Kindly reinstall Norton to see if that works.
Thanks in advance!

Praveen
Norton Support.

Thanks Mike, I have noted your comments, The only person I have ever received any negative comments from concerning NORTON is a person who does nothing but play games. As I have never had a computer game on any of my PC's and I have no intentions of doing so. When I like to relax, computers do not enter the equation at all.

Sorry for the trouble. Norton is compatible with Windows 10, it seems like Norton firewall drivers are corrupted for some reason. Kindly reinstall Norton to see if that works.
Thanks in advance!
Praveen
Norton Support.
Thanks Praveen, not quite sure how I do a reinstall can to explain.
I have not seen the Windows Firewall has blocked message any more, perhaps NORTON has already sorted the problem.
I could ring Norton tomorrow and ask for an on-line link up and get my system checked if you think that best.

Thanks Mike, I have noted your comments, The only person I have ever received any negative comments from concerning NORTON is a person who does nothing but play games. As I have never had a computer game on any of my PC's and I have no intentions of doing so. When I like to relax, computers do not enter the equation at all.

Yes, as you guessed I'm a die-hard gamer.
Anything that slows my computer down it a pariah for me. LOL

Mike

After making a small research, I have to add that PremierOpinion is an adware/potentially unwanted program. If Norton is not seeing problem with it, that's why it failed to detect it. However, it seems that this program is quite suspicious as it may track you while you are browsing on the web and collect such things as data that you enter while visiting your loved site. Besides, haven't you noticed lots of ads while you browse? It is claimed that this program causes "tons" of them..

Sorry for the delay. Were you able to reach our Support? let us know if you need any help.

Praveen
Norton Support.

Back