Windows Forum will not work in 8.1

Sonny

Excellent Member
Not sure what the problem is but Windows Forum will not let me read or log in in Windows 8.1. It seems to not want to load for me. Any suggestions on how to fix it.

I not sure if I am posting this in the right place. My apologies if not.

There are problems with IE11 and XenForo and it is not officially supported until release. Force compatibility mode by going to Tools -> Compatibility View Settings-> windowsforum.com-> add

Thanks Ralph. Using google chrome and it allows me to log in and read. IE in compatibility mode lets me read but not sign in. Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

Hi Sonny:
I had the same issues as you are having with IE 11.
Compatibility mode is essential or you will not be able to post from within the browser. And for logging in, try right clicking the signin link and choosing open in new tab, switch to the new tab and see if that will get you past the sign in issue with IE 11

Thanks Ralph. Using google chrome and it allows me to log in and read. IE in compatibility mode lets me read but not sign in. Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

Yeah sometimes an alternate browser is a good idea, especially the way IE is sometimes.
For a browser that seems so popular because people know no better or prefer it IE does have severe drawbacks nowadays.
Blame that on web standards, Microsoft seems unwilling to adapt to them and they lose out.

The issues is likely nothing more than a clash of betas.
Windows 8.1 is pre-release, Internet Explorer 11 is pre-release, the forum software is pre-release.
I'm sure everything will play nicely together at some point down the road.

The issues is likely nothing more than a clash of betas.
Windows 8.1 is pre-release, Internet Explorer 11 is pre-release, the forum software is pre-release.
I'm sure everything will play nicely together at some point down the road.

I am sure it will, i did factor in that its a pre release myself.
Though just because something is pre release doesnt mean it cant be good.
After all some of the Windows Vista pre releases were actually better then the final product.

Hi Sonny:
I had the same issues as you are having with IE 11.
Compatibility mode is essential or you will not be able to post from within the browser. And for logging in, try right clicking the signin link and choosing open in new tab, switch to the new tab and see if that will get you past the sign in issue with IE 11

I will give that a shot next time I log in. Thanks, Trouble!

Hi Trouble, Just logged out and logged back in using a new window like you suggested. It worked. I don't know why but have taken to Windows 8.1 and would rather use it than Windows 8 or Windows 7.

Hi Trouble, Just logged out and logged back in using a new window like you suggested. It worked. I don't know why but have taken to Windows 8.1 and would rather use it than Windows 8 or Windows 7.

Well I myself do like windows 8.1 more then windows 8, but more then 7 nope.
It still a touchscreen OS, and I have a desktop not a phone.

I have a desktop and laptop. Using windows 8 and 8.1 on desktop. Windows 8 is now on my laptop. No touchscreen on either one. The only touchscreen I have is my Windows 8 phone. Don't see it as just a touchscreen OS.

I just feel its too touchscreen centric thats all, but i am planning on a video comparing it to another UI that is supposed to be for all interfaces, Ubuntu's unity.

Thanks for the update Sonny, glad it worked for you.
That's the whole purpose of testing pre-release software, to find the glitches and determine if there might be a remedy / solution or at minimum a work around until such time as the product's problems have been exposed, reported to the software vendor and fixed and the product reaches a General Availability release status.
Thanks again for testing and reporting back.

Back