Windows 8 Windows Live Account Problem

Will Stark

Alright, so I have a VERY awkward problem, and I have no clue how to go about fixing it. My only solution is to close my account all together, but I would rather not do that If I can avoid it, I do not wish to lose my xbox live account and all my games n stuff.

Well the thing is, I have a windows live account, and it is listed as a "Child" account and is linked to my mothers account with her as my parent. Well, we made that when I was 12 when the xbox 360 first came out and I got xbox live. I am currently 18 now and she no longer has her windows account information, so I am stuck in an account that has no permissions. And I just got a new windows phone, and I can not update or download any apps because I don't have permission to.

What should I do? I wish I could just call Microsoft support and have them unlink the 2 accounts, but they don't have a number that I could find. I called the general support, and they just directed me to the same FAQ I have been looking at all day. So I decided to come here.

Back