Windows 7 Windows Live Problem

Scramjet

Hi All,
Just signed up to this forum. Looks like a great forum.

My System;
P5E3 Deluxe x38
Intel E8400
ATI 4850 video
4 GB G.Skill DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
NOD32 V4 for x64
ZA for X64

I started my computer this morning and found that Windows Live Messenger was on my Launch pad list with a red "X" in it and showing that it was offline. I clicked on it to sign in but nothing happened. I clicked to close it but nothing happened...it would not open live or even close out the icon. BTW, it was not on my desktop anywhere just on the bottom bar ok.
I decided to search thie internet for a solution and found this forum. I signed up and went to view the account authorization message from this forum in my hotmail and my internet explorer locked up..I was unable to close out hotmail. I had to log off my computer to close out the internet explorer. I could then get into hotmail and view your message but then could not click the link to authorize...internet exploere just stopped.
I completely uninstalled windows live and also uninstalled Microsoft LifeCam and rebooted and installed new.
All is well now but i am afraid to restart lol
This may happen again so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this recently?

thanks
Ed

OK so I never got any replies :(

I will try to explain what is happening again to see if i can get a reply this time.
Like I said in the first message here, that everything was working fine after I reinstalled Windows Live Messanger. But I did not reboot all day.
I shut down my system last night and rebooted this morning to find the Windows Live icon on my quick launch bar with a red x across it . When I run the mouse over it, it is showing offline. I cannot sign in or close it ...it will not move.
When I open Task Manager it show Windows Live messenger as offline and not responding.
I cannot end the task.
Can someone tell me why Windows Live Messanger is acting like this?

thanks
Ed

Back
Top Bottom