Windows 7 Windows Live Sync Beta - PC

jake7363

Hi,
I am a bit frustrated after attempting to get my Live Sync Beta to work properly. I have a notebook and desktop connected to a local network, both are using Windows 7 Pro.
The sync folders show, but when trying to connect to the desktop from the notebook, it does not show the "Connect" link - all it shows is "Personalize | Remove".

On the other hand, I am able to connect to the notebook from the desktop. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Live Sync Beta on both units multiple times.

Any and all suggestions/tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jake

Hello, and welcome to the Windows 7 Forums :)

You should only need to configure the sync on one of the PC's. I find configuring on both will sometimes create duplicate files.
Can you confirm the folders aren't being synchronized? There should be no "Connect" button anyhow.

Please re-read my original post. I am not sure what you are referencing, but I am able to sync fine which seemed to be what you were trying to explain.. And, the "Connect" button exists for the same purpose it did in Live Mesh. In fact, I have it on the Laptop unit and my query was about getting it to appear for the Desktop device.

Seems like we're not on the same page.
Thanks anyway...

Back