Windows 7 Windows made itself a login password...and i dont know what it is....

robertototototo

I never set a password for my windows 7 login, but when i rebooted it a few minutes ago windows made one on its own...and i dont know what it is, i cant login. i tried doing the password reset by making a password reset wizard, but when i click next after i put in the new password all i get is an error message... great. :confused: so i cant reset my password, i dont know what else to do.

any ideas??

i have build 7057. i was about to upgrade to build 7100, but whenever i clicked install windows, the installer window would close and reopen. so i decided to reboot my computer and thats when windows made its own password. the weird thing is, i just tried to hit enter without typing anything and it went to the "welcome" screen, it stayed like that for a few minutes but then it just went back to the "wrong password" screen...what's going on...

Last edited by a moderator:
I never set a password for my windows 7 login, but when i rebooted it a few minutes ago windows made one on its own...and i dont know what it is, i cant login. i tried doing the password reset by making a password reset wizard, but when i click next after i put in the new password all i get is an error message...fucking great. :confused: so i cant reset my password, i dont know what else to do.

any ideas??

i have build 7057. i was about to upgrade to build 7100, but whenever i clicked install windows, the installer window would close and reopen. so i decided to reboot my computer and thats when windows made its own password. the weird thing is, i just tried to hit enter without typing anything and it went to the "welcome" screen, it stayed like that for a few minutes but then it just went back to the "wrong password" screen...what the fuck is going on...
7057 was the most buggy Build leaked into the wild. Build 7100 is considered by many as the RC and is considred one of the best. Instead of upgrading why don't you format the same partition and start a new system with 7100. I suggest that you make an Admin password for all troubleshoot purposes during this install.
There are some ways to reset the Admin password thru' specially made bootable discs but I doubt it is fit to be discussed in this Forum and hence I won't go there. If you have any doubts about the Build 7100 Installation Disc, it's better to burn another disc or get a new ISO file and then burn. You might get more frustarted if the new install gets fouled up by a corrupt disc half-way through the set up!
Good luck.

You know how i mentioned that when i tried to click "install now" on the windows installer, it would just close the installer window and come back up? did it do that because it was corrupt? the first time i clicked install now it went fine, i tried to do an upgrade but it wouldnt let me. so i closed it, clicked install now and the error started to happen, where it would just close and reopen.

i was going to format it, but like i said, after i closed the installer from the failed upgrade, the weird thing would happen after i click install now. it wouldnt open up installation, it would just close and reopon the "install now" window...

i tried to boot into safe mode but it wouldnt work...i dont know why...

should i redownload the new build onto this computer, burn it again and try and do a fresh install?

the thing is, when i put the windows 7 cd that i burned into the cd drive, upon startup of bios, when it says press any key to boot from cd, i press any and every key...but it just boots up to the windows 7...

Humm, do you think the reason why nothing happens when i press a key after it asks is because of what i said in my previous post? about how the installer window didnt let me install it, but just close and reopen?

i think im going to try and redownload the new build into this computer...burn it...and see what happens from there...

EDIT #2...

well then...i got the windows cd i burned and tested it on the pc im on now...and its working...after i click install now it goes to the actual installation...i dont know why it didnt work then on my computer...but what now......

Last edited:
You know how i mentioned that when i tried to click "install now" on the windows installer, it would just close the installer window and come back up? did it do that because it was corrupt? the first time i clicked install now it went fine, i tried to do an upgrade but it wouldnt let me. so i closed it, clicked install now and the error started to happen, where it would just close and reopen.

i was going to format it, but like i said, after i closed the installer from the failed upgrade, the weird thing would happen after i click install now. it wouldnt open up installation, it would just close and reopon the "install now" window...

i tried to boot into safe mode but it wouldnt work...i dont know why...

should i redownload the new build onto this computer, burn it again and try and do a fresh install?

the thing is, when i put the windows 7 cd that i burned into the cd drive, upon startup of bios, when it says press any key to boot from cd, i press any and every key...but it just boots up to the windows 7...

If you are getting the display on screen during boot up " Press any key to boot from the CD" , you have made the Boot Sequence in the BIOS setup correctly configured to Boot from your Optical drive, the DVD is read by your System and my only suspicion at this point is that you might be a fraction of a second too late to press the key, or your Keyboard may be having some strange problem,

Try this:
  • Insert the DVD in the DVD drive that is designated to boot,
  • Power Off and On
  • andlightly keep the finger on the key and
  • Anticipate the " Press any key to boot from the CD" prompt and press the key IMMEDIATELY.
  • If the key would not not act to boot the disc evenwith this careful attempt consider a defective keyboard as the possibility
  • If you have another PS/2 keyboard, ( not USB) connect and then try again.
I know it is frustrating after all the long wait in download etc to face this at this time.
Good luck my friend. Don't lose your cool :)

If you are getting the display on screen during boot up " Press any key to boot from the CD" , you have made the Boot Sequence in the BIOS setup correctly configured to Boot from your Optical drive, the DVD is read by your System and my only suspicion at this point is that you might be a fraction of a second too late to press the key, or your Keyboard may be having some strange problem,

Try this:
  • Insert the DVD in the DVD drive that is designated to boot,
  • Power Off and On
  • andlightly keep the finger on the key and
  • Anticipate the " Press any key to boot from the CD" prompt and press the key IMMEDIATELY.
  • If the key would not not act to boot the disc evenwith this careful attempt consider a defective keyboard as the possibility
  • If you have another PS/2 keyboard, ( not USB) connect and then try again.
I know it is frustrating after all the long wait in download etc to face this at this time.
Good luck my friend. Don't lose your cool :)

Humm, the "Press any key to boot from the CD" prompt stays there for a good 2 seconds, and ive tried what you said, to no avail.

i dont THINK its my keyboard, because after i boot, i am still trying to put in any random password to see what will happen. so im pretty sure its not my keyboard since i can still type into the password box afterwards.

Humm, about how you said that the build version 7057 is the most buggiest version, im starting to think that maybe its this build version that doesnt let you reboot from cd upon startup. maybe?

im running out of ideas and have no clue as to why its not booting after i press the key.

Humm, the "Press any key to boot from the CD" prompt stays there for a good 2 seconds, and ive tried what you said, to no avail.

i dont THINK its my keyboard, because after i boot, i am still trying to put in any random password to see what will happen. so im pretty sure its not my keyboard since i can still type into the password box afterwards.

Humm, about how you said that the build version 7057 is the most buggiest version, im starting to think that maybe its this build version that doesnt let you reboot from cd upon startup. maybe?

im running out of ideas and have no clue as to why its not booting after i press the key.
You did not tell me waht type of KBD you have.
Have you used this same keyboard to access the BIOS before? If so I don't have any explanation for the strange response.

If you are not sure , then try to access the BIOS Setup with this keyboard.
If you canno access BIOS setup [DEL key does not open BIOS setup]>, then you should use a PS/2 KBD >access the BIOS setup. Go to Integrated Peripherals menu> USB Devices> USB Keyboard support> Enable , while there USB Mouse support >Enable> F10>Exit Reboot and then "Press any key to boot "...>....Win 7DVD" and Custom Install on same partition .

I tell you, you really got a tough issue but I like to see it works out for you.
Good luck.

Last edited:
You did not tell me waht type of KBD you have.
Have you used this same keyboard to access the BIOS before? If so I don't have any explanation for the strange response.

If you are not sure , then try to access the BIOS Setup with this keyboard.
If you canno access BIOS setup [DEL key does not open BIOS setup]>, then you should use a PS/2 KBD >access the BIOS setup. Go to Integrated Peripherals menu> USB Devices> USB Keyboard support> Enable , while there USB Mouse support >Enable> F10>Exit Reboot and then "Press any key to boot "...>....Win 7DVD" and Custom Install on same partition .

I tell you, you really got a tough issue but I like to see it works out for you.
Good luck.

i have a Saitek USB keyboard

ill try this tomorrow, thanks for the help so far

Last edited:
i have a Saitek USB keyboard

ill try this tomorrow, thanks for the help so far
I hope you were able to fix your problem.

I realize you have got the link to the site for Admin Password Reset from another post in this Forum. Being relatively new to this Forum,I was not sure if the Forum rules allowed me to post links to such software and did not want to break any implicit policies it might have set. I am sure that software will help you Reset the unintended auto password Windows 7 gave you:). As I said, it is good to create an admin password during Win 7 setup and remember that for any troubleshoots or system changes that will require Admin privileges. Good luck.

i got locked out of my build 7048 5 days ago for no reason. I went to log in and put in my password and one morning it said "logon failed to initlize" or something like that. Either way it would never let me back in to my desktop. Had to wipe to 7077 for 48hours till 7100 dropped. what can you expect from the beta's. Also I wonder if that is one way Microsoft is gonna make people stop using these beta builds after they expire??????? Food for thought.

i got locked out of my build 7048 5 days ago for no reason. I went to log in and put in my password and one morning it said "logon failed to initlize" or something like that. Either way it would never let me back in to my desktop. Had to wipe to 7077 for 48hours till 7100 dropped. what can you expect from the beta's. Also I wonder if that is one way Microsoft is gonna make people stop using these beta builds after they expire??????? Food for thought.

hmm! I have not had that problem so far with Build 7048 ( which was really good) or any other builds except Build 7052 which caused me a lot of issues with drivers ( but not Login failure like the one you have mentioned when I typed in the real password withot typos) and I had to jettison 7052 and reformat and install other builds. I doubt MS has any such hidden agenda:). Of course the License to use Beta will come to an end on the expiration date they have shown. We have accepted the terms of that license while installing the System and so there are no surprises. All we are doing is a "test drive" and we still "don't own it" unless we buy or they donate it to us :)( which would be good but won't happen!).

I have the new 7100 build on a cd burned already...but the problem is whenever it asks to press any key to boot from cd, i can press any key i want and nothing happens.

@ CMN - im going to try the PS/2 keyboard on my computer right now, i just need to find one :frown:

EDIT*

CMN, upon start up, i cant access BIOS with the saitek keyboard. what i noticed was, i always have my num lock on. during the BIOS startup and when it asks to press a key, the num lock key light was off. it only turned on once it got to the microsoft windows starting screen. from that do you think its safe to say that my BIOS disabled the USB keyboard?

i cant find my old PS/2 keyboard...ill have to borrow one from a friend...boy is this going to take a while...

EDIT*

okay...i found a PS/2 keyboard and i edited my BIOS. now the problem is, after i press a key, windows loads the files, and then it just shows the new welcome wallpaper and my cursor. nothing else...

i tried booting into safe mode but nothing happens..

Last edited:
I have the new 7100 build on a cd burned already...but the problem is whenever it asks to press any key to boot from cd, i can press any key i want and nothing happens.

@ CMN - im going to try the PS/2 keyboard on my computer right now, i just need to find one :frown:

EDIT*

CMN, upon start up, i cant access BIOS with the saitek keyboard. what i noticed was, i always have my num lock on. during the BIOS startup and when it asks to press a key, the num lock key light was off. it only turned on once it got to the microsoft windows starting screen. from that do you think its safe to say that my BIOS disabled the USB keyboard?

i cant find my old PS/2 keyboard...ill have to borrow one from a friend...boy is this going to take a while...

EDIT*

okay...i found a PS/2 keyboard and i edited my BIOS. now the problem is, after i press a key, windows loads the files, and then it just shows the new welcome wallpaper and my cursor. nothing else...

i tried booting into safe mode but nothing happens..
I'm glad you followed through the suggestion and found the cause of why your USB key failed to obey your typing command and found & fixed the problem through your BIOS Setup as suggested and proceeded with Windows setup again and now you are having the problem of the Windows DVD not going fast enough and seeming to hang at loading files. Is that correct? Is this after you reformatted the partition and after several automatic reboots?
If that is correct, try waiting for 5-10 mnts, if it still "hanging" then Force reboot using the ON/OFF switch on the Computer and see what happens. Don't remove the disc , DO NOT press any key the second time around and see what happens to the setup. I will follow your thread:)

I missed the part of your trying to boot to safe mode!

If you have a good Win 7 disc try reinstall after Repartitioning the hard disk and reformatting ( delete partition and create Partition so that any corruption of partition table will be fixed) Windows will do the formatting automatically. You may just delete the partition and create the partition. No harm in pressing Format but if you want to step away for a while leave formatting job to Win 7. Understood?

Last edited:
I'm glad you followed through the suggestion and found the cause of why your USB key failed to obey your typing command and found & fixed the problem through your BIOS Setup as suggested and proceeded with Windows setup again and now you are having the problem of the Windows DVD not going fast enough and seeming to hang at loading files. Is that correct? Is this after you reformatted the partition and after several automatic reboots?
If that is correct, try waiting for 5-10 mnts, if it still "hanging" then Force reboot using the ON/OFF switch on the Computer and see what happens. Don't remove the disc , DO NOT press any key the second time around and see what happens to the setup. I will follow your thread:)

I missed the part of your trying to boot to safe mode!

If you have a good Win 7 disc try reinstall after Repartitioning the hard disk and reformatting ( delete partition and create Partition so that any corruption of partition table will be fixed) Windows will do the formatting automatically. You may just delete the partition and create the partition. No harm in pressing Format but if you want to step away for a while leave formatting job to Win 7. Understood?

Im not sure if you got my message but, all is good now. i installed a fresh windows 7 and its working right now. ill reboot it a few times and see how it goes.

thanks for the help

re

There are a lot of Windows password revealers and crackers available, but I’ve found that Windows Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
it not only supports XP, 2000, and NT, I have personally tested it with Vista Home Premium and Ultimate. It works perfectly to reset any local user account to a blank password
You can use the ISO to burn a boot CD. Follow these instructions:
1. Download ISO file from Password Recovery | PasswordSoft Windows Password Recovery Tool
2. Burn to a CD using a CD burning tool such as Nero or Roxio or MagicISO
3. Insert CD into drive and reboot.
4. You may have to select an option in the BIOS to get the computer to boot from the CD.
Booting up and clearing a password takes a minute or two works like a charm.

Back