Windows 7 Windows search problem

Rulle121

Hi, I have one problem with my PC. With windows search function I cant find any file. I only finde programs but not file... I trie to fix this problem in indexing options, but somthing wrong with options (see photo). Can somone tel me how to fix this problem?
uždarbis.png

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Could you please click the start orb and type
services.msc
and hit enter
Scroll down and find
"Windows Search"
Double click it, set the startup type to automatic and click the start button to start it.
When you click the "Troubleshoot search and indexing" link does the troubleshooter provide any information?
Can you add a path to the "Current location:" text box?
Try typing
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft
into that text box and click OK.
Keep us posted
Regards
Randy

Hi

Windows 7s search engine is somewhat feeble at best.
I use a program named AgentRansack.

I tried a number of different applications and in my opinion this is the best of them.

It adds itself to the right click drop-down and is much faster and more thorough then the one built into Windows.

Best of all, it's free!!!

You can get it here, along with a review...

Agent Ransack - Download.com

Mike

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Could you please click the start orb and type
services.msc
and hit enter
Scroll down and find
"Windows Search"
Double click it, set the startup type to automatic and click the start button to start it.
When you click the "Troubleshoot search and indexing" link does the troubleshooter provide any information?
Can you add a path to the "Current location:" text box?
Try typing
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft
into that text box and click OK.
Keep us posted
Regards
Randy

Thx man :) my windows search service was disabled :)

Thx man :) my windows search service was disabled :)

No problem. Glad to hear that you were able to resolve the problem. Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with the solution that worked for you.
Thanks for joining our community and we hope to continue to see you around the forum.
Regards
Randy

Back