Windows Vista Windows Vista keeps crashing

Lamborghini_69

Hello, I have an AMD 6000+ dualcore with 2048MB RAM 8800 GTS card. Windows Vista bulid 6000 does not work. My pc uses X86 Architecture. Is build 6000 a final release or is it really corrupt? It doesn't have Windows Aero theme and keeps crashing when I listen to music or play games. Even If I install all the drivers it's faulty e.g Chess Titans keeps crashing, it says : Windows has shutdown to prevent damage, with a bluescreen. Do I need to configure my BIOS in some way. Please Help, Major Disaster! :(

Hi, you say it keeps crashing , is this just random or when you specifically do something? Did you recently build the PC or buy it? You see there could be many variables to your problem but to start with make sure all (and I mean all) your drivers are the very latest release. 2. Check your system temps, are you running too hot? The 6000+ is a 3.00GHz chip so runs pretty warm. 3. RAM, Try running the PC with only one stick of RAM installed at a time. If one of them runs ok and the other one doesn't then there's your problem one stick is buggered. 4. Overclock, have you overclocked the PC? If so you may need to back it off a little until it becomes stable. Hope this helps, let me know how you get on...:)

Vista Build 6000

Thanks for the ideas Kemical, You solutions are gr8 except my m8 built my pc and Windows Vista Ultimate worked fine at first. All the drivers are the latest and the 2 sticks of RAM work fine together. It's good a good cooling system with a temp gauge so it's not running hot. The fact it was working fine before I reformatted tells me theirs something wrong with the OS. It doesn't look like the complete version, it's missing Windows Aero, and chess doesn't work in 3D mode it crashes. I install all latest drivers and updates so it's the OS. My pc performance score use to be 5.9 or something and now overall it's 1.0 because it's not registering the graphics, even though it looks fine and the driver is installed. It's an 8800 Extreme card so it damn well should be higher than 1.0 lol. Is build 6000 the Final retail release or is it that bloody faulty? It also says when you install Windows that if you don't input the product key then certain programs and functions wont work, could this be the problem?

Thanks for d help m8

The build 6000 is the final retail release. What interests me here is that you say it worked fine until you re-installed Vista. If this is the case then perhaps it wasn't a clean install? Its very rare to get a buggered disk and as you have said it initially worked fine I'm thinking that the disk is ok. If you only have a index score of 1 then Aero will not work as it needs a score of at least 3 to do so. This is probably why the chess game is giving you problems although it says it only needs a index score of 1 to run.
Ok, so possibilities, have you actually run the index score wizard? You will only have a score of 1 untill you do so. 1 It may as I said above need a 'clean install' so try installing Vista again.2 Is the HDD ok? Are you running a RAID set up? 3 You say the RAM works fine 'together' but have you tried running them seperately? This is the only way to determine if one's buggered (although you could try running Memtest86 you can get it here Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool) I know I keep harping on about this but it really is a strong possiblity. Let me know how things turn out and good luck.

Back
Top Bottom