Windows XP Windows XP Pro,SP3,emachines,T3104 motherboard-no audio

Bob Sleight

I am on my third motherboard thinking that is the problem but, still no audio.I have tried several audio programs with no help. System says every thing is good but, when I pick a sound in audio properties the screen shows the sound is playing but, nothing is heard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Hi Bob, emachines are simple (reliable) systems so when you can see the system playing music but aren’t getting sound from the speakers it will be one of these:

• Make sure that the speakers are turned on.
• Make sure that the volume controls are turned up.
• Make sure that mute controls are turned off.
• If you are using external speakers, check your speaker connections (the green plug) and power... try putting the power plug in a different slot.
• Make sure that the universal jacks are configured correctly. i.e. if you (someone) opened the box, then perhaps the lead connecting the jack plug to the motherboard hasn’t become unattached… I normally consider this least likely but you have stated that you have (replaced?) three motherboards.

Hey you checked in the services area that the audio service is enabled. I ran into that issue with a Dell running XP.

Back
Top Bottom