Windows 8 Windows8 Installation Error

sarwardnj

why windows8 is not installing on smasung
System Model RC418/RC518/RC718 notebooks and samsung not taking any step to solve the problem

its showing error sources\spwizeng.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contain error trying to installing from cd and if take restart for installing from cd by booting it is showing just a blue schreen. why?

I have contact with my samsung customer care. Thy said may be the model is not supported by windows8.

But if not supported by windows 8 then why Windows 8 Consumer Preview is being installed? the error is showing just when trying to install windows8 latest version.

Give me some solution please.

I have contact with my samsung customer care. Thy said may be the model is not supported by windows8.
I cannot understand Samsung saying "maybe"! They should know whether or not any one of the laptops should be capable of running Windows 8. However, I have checked out your laptop specs and as far as I can see there should be no problem running Windows 8 on a typical Samsung RC418. Is the install disk you are using a retail bootable installation disk for Windows 8 or was it supplied with another pc?

I have a Samsung RV511 laptop...I've run both beta versions of windows 8 and windows 8 Pro...the only problem I had was getting windows 8 verified drivers. Then after about 4 weeks of usage, is when I started to have problems. I think there was some correlation to my problem when I installed Office 2010...but that could just be me.

Last edited by a moderator:
the disk is ok... the disk is installing on other pc / laptop.. just showing problem for my smasung
System Model RC718 . have tride other disk to...same error for latest version ...but its ok in consumer version :(

How many pc's / laptops are you installing to? Is this a valid retail copy of Windows you are using?

From your comments, I would suggest possibly there is a DVD drive problem. If you have Windows 7 already installed, and have another partition on the computer, copy rthe entire contents of the DVD to a folder (call it setup, or anything familiar). Run the setup from that folder.

But, ref your post #4. You will not be able to (legally) activate the OS on more than one computer.

P.S. Like your Avatar, Pat. Reminds me of how I feel when I get up in the morning!

i think dvd drive is ok...because win 7 , winx , vista , ubuntu is installing correctly from dvd driver... just making problem with win8 and morethis a valid retail copy of Windows ...... i have tried it on more on onother 2 pc .....same dvd install correctly on hp laptop.... and making problem for my both Samsung RC418 :'(

Back