Windows 7 wireless driver problem with 7100?

ansabhailte

ok so I have a dell inspiron 700m, and i recently installed the RC. I used to have the 7000 beta. on the 7000, my intel wireless pro 2200BG driver worked perfeectly. but when i upgraded to 7077, and now even with a clean install of 7100, the installation of the driver fails at the last step, "XML Support." I have no idea why this is doing this. How can I fix this, its an xp driver, but im running it in compatibility.

XML Support

ok so I have a dell inspiron 700m, and i recently installed the RC. I used to have the 7000 beta. on the 7000, my intel wireless pro 2200BG driver worked perfeectly. but when i upgraded to 7077, and now even with a clean install of 7100, the installation of the driver fails at the last step, "XML Support." I have no idea why this is doing this. How can I fix this, its an xp driver, but im running it in compatibility.

Is there more than just XML Support? If it is java have you installed Java yet? XML can be a lot of different errors LOL. They made some changes in 7 RC inre wireless so to help you I need more data - like the robot said.

Since Windows 7 seems to be great at finding drivers through Windows Update, I'd suggest you plug a network cable into your laptop and then refresh Windows Update and see if it finds any drivers for your wireless. Bit of a hassle, yes, but less hassle than spending hours or days trying to get the drivers to install the regular way.

wow

surprisingly, that worked! (for my wireless, anyway) Im still having a graphics driver problem, though. i have thte intel 82255GM chipset extreme graphics 2 and i have the xp drivers, but they dont work. i installed them in compatibility, and even booted into dont verify driver signatures mode, and my screen is black. i can sometimes log on, but then it goes black. how can i fix this? (but thanks for the wireless help, i really needed that)

Same advice for your video drivers -- uninstall whatever XP drivers you put in and refresh Windows Update -- it should find drivers for all of your hardware.

You can't use XP drivers in Vista or Win 7 (but you can, at least most of the time, use Vista drivers in Win 7). I've found that with my system, Wind 7 autodetects all of my hardware and finds drivers for it, so I just use Windows Update to download all the drivers and then after one reboot everything works great.

still no...

windows update still cant find anything for my video controller. and theres no vista driver either. so now im just using th estandard vga driver, which sucks cuz i cant use aero. theres no way to modify the driver to be vista-compatible?

The best I can tell you is to either 1) search the internet to find out the specific model Intel video card you have on your laptop and then search and see if anyone has drivers for that same video card in Vista (make sure you check 64-bit if that's the version of Win 7 you installed) or 2) search around and see if anyone with the same model Dell has managed to get it running Win 7.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Back
Top Bottom