Windows 7 WMP12 full screen issues

julio99

I broke out my little acer laptop with windows 7x86 to watch a video and a DVD. Whhat happened was it would not go to full screen all the way. There was a 1/4" strip of black at the top of the screen. Both video and DVD. I don't remember this being the norm when I used to use this all the time. I went through all the settings and unless I'm missing something, I guess this must be the way it goes. I'm enclosing a screenshot of the area I'm talking about however I couldn't do a screen when it was full screen so this is just to give you an idea of the area. I don't know if a setting was somehow changed by accident or what but it would be nice if I could get this back to normal.

Attachments

• WMP12.PNG
    WMP12.PNG
    27.7 KB · Views: 312
Hi

The little boxes in the lower right corner (on my computer) are normally only visible in Library mode.

When you click on them it goes to play mode.

What happens if you click on them?

I'm not sure why they are on the top on your computer.

Mike

Last edited:
Hi

The little boxes in the lower right corner (on my computer) are normally only visible in Library mode.

When you click on them it goes to play mode.

What happens if you click on them?

I'm not sure why they are on the top on your computer.

Mike

The same thing happens. I was going to the video file that I downloaded and right clicked it and checked open with WMP. And I still get about 1/4" at the top and bottom. Any other media player I use goes to proper fullscreen, so I know it's not the video. I'm at a loss on this one.

Back
Top Bottom