Windows 7 wndows xp pro to windows pro 7 setup problems

guisampaio10

I am trying to upgrade my windows xp professional, to windows professional 7, I downloaded the iso burned the iso to a dvd made a reboot cd, rebooted my computer, once i got to the collecting information just before installing windows it said that i needed to load drivers, because it would not let me save windows to any of the disk partition. any help?

Could you be more specific about the steps you are taking to install? The word upgrade seems to have developed various meanings.

I downloaded windows 7 pro iso and burned it to a dvd, put it in on my computer and rebooted my computer, i decided to do a clean install to start fresh, porblem is when windows setup starts up it asks where do i want to install windows, disk 0 partition 1
disk 0 partition 2
disk 0 partition 3
however it says that i can not save it to any of those disk partitions. i am stuck here.

any help?

I downloaded windows 7 pro iso and burned it to a dvd, put it in on my computer and rebooted my computer, i decided to do a clean install to start fresh, porblem is when windows setup starts up it asks where do i want to install windows, disk 0 partition 1
disk 0 partition 2
disk 0 partition 3
however it says that i can not save it to any of those disk partitions. i am stuck here.

any help?
From your first post I gather you were trying to install Win7 as an upgrade from within XP, which is not allowed and now, from your 2nd post -- a clean install, also from within XP. You may be having an issue with the number of primary partitions allowed since you say you can't install to any partition. Unless you have data scattered over all three partitions, I would suggest booting from the Win7 DVD and erasing the two partitions without data and installing to the resultant two combined partitions or one of the two of your choice. I wouldn't think you would have a problem installing that way. Once installed, you can either move your data or link to it from your primary Win7 partition.

Well, do you know if the partitions are primary or logical, have you tried reformatting the partitions using the button on the bottom right and setting them to primary?

Be careful, Win 7 puts a very small partition, like a restore partition (100 mb or so), so do not try to put it there.

i apologize but i am not sure if they are logical or primary
disk 0 partition 1 2.9gb (oem)
disk 0 partition 2 36gb acer
disk 0 partition 3 35.9 gb

does that help?
i have no idea what to do, i did the same steps to my other computer and it worked fine. i do not know why this is not working.

thansk for all the help

What type of drive setup are you running. A single SATA drive or another configuration. If it said you needed drivers, you may need to add some RAID drivers or something else. Does it say what kind of drivers?

I removed all my partitions and had no problems. I think I went to custom install and found the options for disk manager.

I have noticed that there are a large number of messages in this forum from and for people having partition problems.

To get a good idea of the magnitude of problems related to partitions, google partition recovery

There are over 4 million articles, websites and software applications found.

Back