Windows 7 x1250 ATI Driver

gibby

I have installed Windows 7 in a virtual pc (2007). I decided to go this route before I plunge into installing it outright on my laptop. I have googled and searched extensively and have tried everything...I cannot get a driver installed for my display which is for an x1250 ATI Radeon graphics card. They don't make a 7 driver and the Vista driver does not work. Any suggestions?

Also, I have no sound and it states there is no sound and it states there is no output audio device installed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did you try activating Windows and run Windows update? Im sure theres drivers there for it. Look here

Last edited:
I am about to expose my ignorance here but, do you mean the Windows updates? If so, it states there are no more updates. I ran the driver update and it said the standard VGA driver was the "best" one available. I downloaded the vista driver at that link you provided earlier today, installed it, and it installs but does so with an error and the video output still is awful. So, I uninstalled it, did an update, and it installed the vga driver again.

Ok, let me go fire up the old IE to visit that link and I will give it a try. I'll report back. Thanks!

Installed the driver, video output is still bad and the driver reports:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Back
Top Bottom