Windows 10 XboxOne Downloads Slower than Windows10 PC?

DreamyAbaddon

Hey guys!
So I'm a PC gamer and I play games on Windows10 using Steam and Origin etc.
When I download games on my PC, games that are like 40GB takes like 5min to download/install.
My PC is using Wireless internet connection.

I bought the XboxOne to play Halo and I'm currently downloading Halo 5... However..
The download speed is super slow. My XboxOne is also using wireless internet connection too!
My XboxOne download speed is 800KB per second and the game is 87GB... It's taking FOREVER for my console to download a game which would take normally 5-8minutes to download/install on my PC.

Is this kinda thing normal on consoles? This is a new console I just got...
Is the download speed usually this slow on Xbox? Because all the computers at my house are using the same router and downloads on my computers at home go by very quick. All I want to do is play Halo 5... =(

Oh god... It's been 30min since I started downloading Halo5 and only 1GB out of 87GB has been downloaded! T_T
If this game was on Steam on my PC It would have taken like 5-8min.. What gives? Is the Wifi Card on my XboxOne not good?
Can I buy a new Wifi Card on Best Buy for my XboxOne so it can download faster? =( Someone help!

Hi

You might want to download it on your computer and then transfer it to the XBox, it that's possible.
I don't know anything about XBox so maybe it's not, can you plug a DVD into it, and install from there?

Mike

Hi

You might want to download it on your computer and then transfer it to the XBox, it that's possible.
I don't know anything about XBox so maybe it's not, can you plug a DVD into it, and install from there?

Mike

I bought it digitally. I dont own a disk.
Also, I cant find Halo 5 on the Windows10 Store or anywhere =(

Back
Top Bottom