Windows 8 Yes, Another Power Button Option: JumpControl

Adamsappleone

U.S.Navy D.A.V.
No installation required for this one.
Easy to configure, can be Pinned to Start Screen, Start Menu & Taskbar
You can rename & change the Icon to your liking.

JumpControl

jtb787.jpg

Download the zip file from the link provided, extract it and right click the JumpControl.exe file;

Download Link

This is what it looks like after renamed, pinned and icon changed to my liking, just right click to expand.

35i10uw.jpg

Hope you like this one.

Don

Many Thanks to Vishal @ DA: http://protosphere.deviantart.com/art/JumpControl-174318766

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, your hope is reality. This I like. I had the same thing in the System Tray w/ the CP. However that one doesn't work on the RP. So, this is cool. I, always, feel the Power button functions should be immediately @ one's fingertips. > Charmsbar > Settings should not be necessary. I have requested this of the Win8 Build Team, @ least, twice. Fingers crossed that we'll see it in RTM. But, (if it'll work on RTM) it's a moot point now, cus I have this. THANKS! I'm using it. :encouragement:

Cheers,
Drew

Don, your hope is reality.

Thanks Drew, always searching, I find that I like this one the best, largely because it works the way I like it to and there is no installation required.
I'll definitely be keeping this one, unless MS puts one in the RTM.

Don

Don, just letting you know... others to whom I have passed on this item are saying Thank You... they wanted me to tell you... I credited you w/ it. It's very likable.

Cheers,
Drew

Don, just letting you know... others to whom I have passed on this item are saying Thank You... they wanted me to tell you... I credited you w/ it. It's very likable.

Cheers,
Drew

Thanks Drew, but the true credit goes to Vishal over at DeviantArt for creating it.

Don

Hello all,

Back again with another "Power Option", only this one is a cascading menu, placed via registry script in to the "Right Click Context Menu"

And once again, thanks to Vishal for the creation.
View the article/tutorial and a few other tips to add to Windows 7 & 8

Tweaking With Vishal

Direct Zip Download:

Power Menu Zip

Note: For Windows 7 & 8 only
Hope you find these useful
Don

Back