Windows 7 0x116 TDR help

Re: Bluescreen cause of Nvidia drivers, I think?

Unless it's only happening with certain seemingly random models/textures (for me at least), I don't think that's it. I've been to maybe 10 or 20 completely different areas in the 10-ish tests I've run so far, all of them crashed at some point or another.

I dunno what the problem would be with Old Town, either. Sorry! :)

EDIT: It strikes again. View attachment 121210-16692-01.dmp

Last edited:

As I've alluded to quite a few times already, and even said to test with onboard video instead while removing the card...the card is defective.

Not really sue why it hasn't been done so yet, and there is still wondering going on at this point, but best to toss the card in the garbage.

The only thing that can save it is the fan is broken and that is the reason for failure. In this case, it is easy to replace the fan.

If the caps are blown, which is very common, you'll need some skill to replace them, but not too difficult.

The easiest and least hassle way of fixing the machine is remove card, place it in garbage, buy new card, install it in machine.

Okay, I'll open 'er up to check on the gfx fan, and then see if I can't check if something replaceable is blown. Last time I had issues with my computer, it was a bad batch of capacitors that blew up all at once (all the same model; sounded like popcorn) in my power supply. That was just a quick buy-and-solder ordeal. Hopefully this is the same, but even so, I should probably get a new card. If x is going, y and z are probably not far behind. Got any recs for a better card that's in the $100-$150 range? Maybe one of the GTX200 or GTX300 series cards?

test with onboard video instead while removing the card

No dice, as there isn't a motherboard monitor port in sight. Thank you, Dell, for not including the most basic of amenities with your repackaged motherboards.

The only thing that can save it is the fan is broken and that is the reason for failure. In this case, it is easy to replace the fan.

Fan's working. Sad face.

If the caps are blown, which is very common, you'll need some skill to replace them, but not too difficult.

I've got the skill, but not the miniature screwdriver needed to open up this little green-and-black contraption. I don't see any evidence on the back of the board, either.

remove card, place it in garbage, buy new card, install it in machine

Looks like this is where it's going. If it ends up not being the card (most likely impossible, but hey I gotta cover all the bases), I could always use the card in another machine.

Thank you infinitely for your help. :x

You're welcome.

So then ya...install it in another machine and when the bsods happen in an otherwise fine machine....

Back