Windows 7 3-4x Daily BSOD

DFrost

I have been getting BSOD at random times I can't seem to narrow down to where the problem stems from. I can say that it is apparently totally random, seems to be no correlation between what programs are processes are running. I've blown away the system twice just to be sure it wasn't an install issue, but I'm at a point where I've hit the limit of my technical knowledge. I've attached as some information on my system and help anyone can provide would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• BSOD.zip
    578.3 KB · Views: 305
I have been getting BSOD at random times I can't seem to narrow down to where the problem stems from. I can say that it is apparently totally random, seems to be no correlation between what programs are processes are running. I've blown away the system twice just to be sure it wasn't an install issue, but I'm at a point where I've hit the limit of my technical knowledge. I've attached as some information on my system and help anyone can provide would be much appreciated.

Enabled boot logging and attaching the file for additional info.

Attachments

• ntbtlog.txt
    15.9 KB · Views: 367
Everyone of your dump files reference memory corruption.
The first thing I would recommend doing is to remove your Norton / Symantec software. Use the control panel / programs and features applet to remove it normally and follow that up by running the vendor specific proprietary removal tools found here https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080828154508EN_EndUserProfile_en_us
And then install Microsoft Security Essentials found here http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/mse.aspx
Run your system for a while and see if the Blue Screens persist. If so.....
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.

Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.

See this Guide to using Memtest 86+

Back
Top Bottom