Windows 10 _wgldummywindowfodder preventing shutdown

Octo

Sometimes when i shut down / restart my computer, this process _wgldummywindowfodder is preventing windows from shutting down. Yes i can press the end task button but i'm wondering what is this, virus scans shows nothing. And there is no such process in the process list..

Not sure where is the correct place to post this, trying my luck here.

Last edited:
I would grab Process explorer, in the Options menu you can run the process in question against VirusTotal.com it should give you pretty good results on whether it is malicious or not Process Explorer

I would grab Process explorer, in the Options menu you can run the process in question against VirusTotal.com it should give you pretty good results on whether it is malicious or not Process Explorer
Unable to find the process _wgldummyfodder =/ This process only appears when shutting down / restarting

Have a look under the startup tab in the task manager, and see what you have starting there.
There nare several acronyms for wgl, but my thought turns to "war games"

Have a look under the startup tab in the task manager, and see what you have starting there.
There nare several acronyms for wgl, but my thought turns to "war games"
The only processes that starts with W are:
whatsapp
windows audio device graph isolation
windows host process
windows shell experience host
windows logon application
windows session manager
windows start-up application

Sorry guys, there was a slight mistake, its _wgldummywindowfodder not _wgldummyfodder.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    170 KB · Views: 1,156
Those are in the startup tab I referred too??
I have none of those there. The only one of which I even have any knowledge is the second (Audio) which is a built in service.

Just added.

A google shows me that "WhatsApp" is a cross platform device which enables peer to peer calls free, between phones..etc..

Try disabling it and see if the problem persists.

Last edited:
Those are in the startup tab I referred too??
I have none of those there. The only one of which I even have any knowledge is the second (Audio) which is a built in service.

Just added.

A google shows me that "WhatsApp" is a cross platform device which enables peer to peer calls free, between phones..etc..

Try disabling it and see if the problem persists.
ok, i will try to disable whatsapp and see if it occurs. Will update here again when i done that

After extensive testing, i found the source to come from Memu.

Everytime when i shutdown or restart my computer, This popup will appear '_wgldummywindowfodder is preventing windows from shutting down'. This happens only when i shutdown or restart with Memu(with multiple instance) opened in the background.

I guess im heading to the Memu forum. Thanks for the help guys.

Back