Windows 7 A problem has been detected..

Krizel

Hello,
I just had my laptop reformatted. Few days later, my cursor kept on jumping around so I updated my drivers. Few days after that, I receive a message whenever I turn on my laptop and it says that my hard drive is failing or something like that. Then today I got a blue screen while I'm in the middle of using my laptop and it says that a problem has been detected..
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
STOP: 0X0000007F (0X00000008, 0X807C8750, 0X00000000..
Please tell me what to do. Should I go back to the repair shop? Is my laptop dying?

Hi Krizel,
In order to help you best we need to see the files created at the time of the bsod. If your settings are set correctly then each time you blue screen a 'dump file' is created containing information on what caused the bsod. These dump files are located in a folder marked 'Minidump' in the main Windows folder.
If there doesn't appear to be any dump files then you'll need to change your settings so that they're created when the machine bsods.
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.
You will of course need to wait until the machine blue screens again before a dump file is created. If you think you have some dump files then run the application found here:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Post the results.

Back
Top Bottom