Windows 7 Acer 4810T Upgrade-Missing Step 3/DVD Drive not Recognized?

also noticed that my DVD rom reads so slowwwwwwlllly..... compared to when i was using vista. good luck!

I just got my computer back and all they did was reinstall Vista like I told them NOT to do......I will try to update W7 again. Did you guys use the Custom or Upgrade option on the ACER W7 package?

Rhubli did u try the DVD drive more than once in windows media center. I did dowload the Vista 64 bit power manager like u described and it worked the first time I used it on start up then if I ejected the disc and tried another one it would fail to recognize the DVD crap again......

When I got it to work I had already backed up my data using Acronis to an external drive, so I skipped the "Easy Transfer" steps to backup my data in Step 1. So I guess I went with the default process without the backup. If you are going to try again, try having the Vista version of the OpticalDrive PM already on your machine when you run the upgrade. When you do run it be sure to set it to run in Vista SP2 mode. You might also check all of the registry entries again to make sure you modify those. When I first opened the registry to the point indicated, there was no data until I clicked on the register again, then I could make the changes. Once the Vista version is installed, run step 3 and then check your registry entries to make sure they are fixed or missing. Good luck hope you succeed this time!

When I got it to work I had already backed up my data using Acronis to an external drive, so I skipped the "Easy Transfer" steps to backup my data in Step 1. So I guess I went with the default process without the backup. If you are going to try again, try having the Vista version of the OpticalDrive PM already on your machine when you run the upgrade. When you do run it be sure to set it to run in Vista SP2 mode. You might also check all of the registry entries again to make sure you modify those. When I first opened the registry to the point indicated, there was no data until I clicked on the register again, then I could make the changes. Once the Vista version is installed, run step 3 and then check your registry entries to make sure they are fixed or missing. Good luck hope you succeed this time!
A point of clarification, the Optical Drive PM should be run in compatibility with Vista SP2

Back
Top Bottom