Windows 7 Advice needed regarding windows 7

Huzayfah

Hi

I recently downloaded Winrar and ever since it was installed my computer went down hill. I tried to uninstall it but it is still present. Now most of my files will not open and nor does windows media player.

I am thinking of doind a system reformat, but need some advice on what to do. What i would like to do is to clean the whole system and start again, i have all the cds available and am able to back up my data.

HELP PLEASEEEEE.

Hi Huzayfah,
are you sure you didn't get a bug too? Try running a anti-virus/spyware software like Malwarebytes or Avast:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

avast! - Download Free Antivirus Software or Internet Security

Another great app for cleaning your machine is Ccleaner which like the apps above is free:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Also have you considered try a system restore? You could restore the machine to a point before Winrar was installed (try 7zip by the way as a alternative 7-Zip ) if you have the restore point...

If all of the above is still no help then try these video's:

first you'll need to change the 'Boot order' so you'll boot from the windows 7 disk and not your HDD. This guide will show you how:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/bootorderchange.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically i tried the cleaner and it found 1000+ registry errors, then it rebooted and now internet explorer does not work.

Could you please advise me as to what i can do, as i have no clue about computers

Check my screenshot as it will show you where you can un-install IE8 first and then re-install it. Hopefully this will get it up and running again although please reboot inbetween un-installing and re-installing (it will probably ask you to reboot anyway). If this fails then system restore might be an option?

Back
Top Bottom