Windows 7 After installing w7 update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.83.1506.0) Outlook wont sta

JonD

After installing w7 update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.83.1506.0) Outlook 2003 wont start normally: When I try to open it, I get a msg box saying
"Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working. Windows is looking for a solution from the problem"

This is unsuccessful and the box disappears. So I try to run Outlook again and I now get a box giving me the option to start it in "safe mode" of not at all.

All this started after W update grabbed the PC and installed update mentioned above. I am sick of customizing Outlook (only a few lightweight mods to layout, nothing heavy) to the way I use each time I invoke the software.

As the above update involved Windows Defender, and is non-uninstallable (there's a junk computing term if ever there was one), I feel lumbered. My anti-virus is the latest ESET bt the way. I run a 'vanilla' W7 installation straight off the DVD.

I don't think I have done anything wrong to cause this and I will be unhappy if I have to clamber all over the insides of my PC to sort this out.

Back
Top Bottom