Windows 7 Asus Laptop coudn't connect to wireless router from far - WIN7

Samuel Yong

why do i have to place my laptop very near to the wireless router in order to get the signal? Please help. Will this be driver related issue? or the wireless hardware inside of my laptop? Because i remember i drop the laptop once.

I have another laptop, where it is able to detect the wireless rounter from far

It is possible you unseated the wireless adapter when you dropped it. It is not particularly easy to get at the wireless adapter in a laptopunless you feel very confident about opening it up. Try connecting to another wireless router somewhere to check if is just something to do with your connection environment. If you still have problems you could try reinstalling the driver for it either by looking for an update on the manufacturer's site or by removing it in device manager the rebooting to let windows detect and reinstall it.

i have tried re-installing the driver and to no avail on the issue. My main suspect would be the wireless adapter inside,i can see the wireless adapter compartment from the outside, it's just 4 screws to open it up ... I have opened it up and i don't see the adapter unseated, what else can I do? really need help ...

It would help eliminate other possibilities if you could try connecting to another wireless router. If that was ok then you can exclude the pc and look a other issues.

Well, you may have broken it when you dropped it. Things do break if you drop them. Sad, but true. In that case, have an engineer take a look at it. He can tell a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom