Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loops Self-troubleshoot Fail, New Error

No, you can re-install on top of you install and maintain the data and programs.

Not gonna lie, Im kinda wasted right now too. :)

Times like these are the reasons you create back up images with a 3rd party image program.
A little late for that, but maybe a lesson learned.;):(Yes you will more then likely lose all your data and programs!

No, you can re-install on top of you install and maintain the data and programs.

Not gonna lie, Im kinda wasted right now too. :)
Hi friend! None of my business, but do you get wasted every night. I have two bourbons and water nearly every night, but haven't started yet tonight.:D:eek:

I guess wasted isn't the right word, I feel really really good. :) A lot of nights I feel really really good. lol If you fill in the missing letters from my handle Nee(d)mo(re)beer

If you're having problems with Windows 10 on your PC, you could use push-button reset to refresh or reset Windows.

Refresh your PC Fixes software problems by reinstalling the OS while preserving the user data, user accounts, and important settings. All other preinstalled customizations are restored to their factory state. In Windows 10, this feature no longer preserves user-acquired Windows apps.

Reset your PC prepares the PC for recycling or for transfer of ownership by reinstalling the OS, removing all user accounts and contents (e.g. data, Classic Windows applications, and Universal Windows apps), and restoring preinstalled customizations to their factory state.

The options above are great for what they are intended for, but you could also do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything other than all installed Windows Updates.

This tutorial will show you how to do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything.
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do a repair install of Windows 10.

Hi friend! Wondering what's going on?? Can you give me up date? Its almost sack time for me!
Not sure where @Neemobeer is at the moment?? I will be here till 12:00 PM if you need me!:)

Ahhhhh have a good night holdum. I am just having the worst luck. I doubled back over all the suggestions and nothing is working. Finally I tried to just use the Windows Media Creation USB install, acted like it was going to work then, went it went to reboot it would revert back to the same install screen. I tried the install again and then upon reboot switched the sequence back to loading my ssd and hardrive before the usb. Still coming up with that same error!!! I am going crazy.

I also tried using these commands per another thread.
bootrec /fixmbr press Enter(writes mbr but does not overwrite partition table)
bootrec /fixboot press Enter(writes new boot sector to system partition)
bootrec /rebuildbcd press Enter(scans for other OS’s, unlike rebuildbcd it allows you to select the OS’s you want to add to bcd)

still can't get it to work. failing hardcore right now..

Hi friend! I'm sorry you are having so much trouble. I suppose you could have hardware problems. I'm wondering why a reset isn't working, but I have never been that far. Maybe a good nights sleep and some better help tomorrow will work for you. We have some good techs here, so don't give up!
Are you able to get into command prompt and do a chkdsk /r. I will catch up with you tomorrow.
Here's link from HTG!;)
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10

@Neemobeer I do hope that it work for You, another solution can be using the windows 10 Dvd on USB, boot from that USB go to the repair windows part of the installation.

step 1;
On another PC, download the Windows 10 (all edition) ISO

step 2;
Download on the same PC the tool Windows DVD 2 USB ; Windows USB/DVD Download Tool - Microsoft Store

step 3;
Use the DVD2USB tool from Microsoft, to make a bootable USB drive with the Windows 10 installation on it.

step 4;
@ the PC with the mailfunction, in the UEFI/BIOS enable startup from USB

step 5
Reboot the trouble PC, start from the USB. Choose at the installation for Repair

-good luck-

ps. There can be a great change that the repair of Windows will NOT work, in that case you need to do a fresh install *sorry*
When you want to save documents, settings, favorites or files you can use another tool named HirenBoot CD/DVD/USB You can start the PC and copy the necessary files to an USB-device or Network-Share

Hi

In the event of failure!!!

If nothing else works and you have to wipe your C:\ drive to get it to work, create a Ubuntu disk first and use it to boot your computer and save all the data on it to one of your other partitions.

Ubuntu (32-bit)

Create a disk for the 32 bit version even if you have a 64 bit computer for max compatibility.

When it asks if you want to install or try Ubutu just pick try and it will boot from the DVD and run your computer, it has a file manager and a web browser and should connect to the internet on it's own.

I had the same thing that you are experiencing last year, got up in the morning and it wouldn't boot.
Said that there was something wrong with the boot files, Tried repair didn't work.

Fortunately I always keep an up to date image of my C:\ drive so I could restore it.

Hope you don't have to use the Ubuntu option but it will save your files before you reset or reinstall if you have to.

Mike

Thanks Mike! Great suggestion about using Ubutu to recover the data. I have the disk, but I'm not real familiar with Ubutu.
I'm like you, I always have a back up image to restore with. The only thing we can do is keep preaching about creating a back up image.
Having a back up image would make PC users lives a lot less stressful;)

Yea thanks everyone. I ended up saying just wiping it, I figure I have messed with it too much and would cause potential problems down the road even if I did get it working. Not looking forward spending multiple hours on the phone with windows customer service trying to get my windows to read as genuine. I imagine it's because I reformatted the drive and installed new instead of "upgrading". Sigh..

Hi What do you get when you type winver in search orb??
Glad you got it fixed.
Capture48.JPG

Back