Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loops Self-troubleshoot Fail, New Error

Hi

I didn't read through everything here but are you logging in with your Microsoft account ID?
If you ever had Windows activated on that computer it should log in and activate when you log into your Microsoft account.

I installed a new SSD, reinstalled Windows on it, and logged in on it with my MS account and it never asked my anything.

I went to the "Activate" page, and clicked the button and it just said Activated and that was it.

Mike

Last edited:
I'have to agree with holdum333. For what i know the upgrade for those who have done this, in this year (29th July 2015 - 29th july 2016) still have a fully functional Windows 10 after the date no cost. There is one little catch. When you've upgrade you may need your Windows 10 key in the future... for a fresh install otherwise you may need to buy the license...

I posted this the other day in BBJ's Anniversary thread:

'If you took advantage of the free upgrade then you won't be charged anything. What will probably change, as well as the end of free upgrades to Windows 10, is free upgrades like the coming 'Anniversary update' will no longer be free.
Microsoft said this in a blog released today:

The free upgrade offer to Windows 10 was a first for Microsoft, helping people upgrade faster than ever before. And time is running out. The free upgrade offer will end on July 29 and we want to make sure you don’t miss out. After July 29th, you’ll be able to continue to get Windows 10 on a new device, or purchase a full version of Windows 10 Home for $119.
Ref: Windows 10 Now on 300 Million Active Devices – Free Upgrade Offer to End Soon

It's also been whispered that the free upgrade period may get extended but let's see.

It's also been whispered that the free upgrade period may get extended but let's see.
Hi friend! I'm betting on MS extending the free upgrade for at least another 6 months. MS really wants everyone to run W10
I really think it's their way of controlling the market.

Back