Windows 7 Back to Out of Box

wilhelm1

I just stated to get my Toshiba back to Out of the Box condition. Well, since I changed out my hard drive to a Solid State one, with just the first disk of three, it has taken me 3 hours and 40 minutes to get the Hard drive deleted 50%. So much for SS Drives being in a hurry.

I am on my desktop and want to import my files from this computer to the Toshiba, can I do that? Maybe next week at the rate his thing is moving.

Last edited:
You can copy data to the other computer, you will just need to copy it to an external drive or usb and transfer it. Programs don't really transfer since they can have registered DLLs, registered services, drivers installed and registry entries. If you are deleting file to simply remove everything from the drive you'd be better off doing a quick format which should only take 30 seconds or so.

You can copy data to the other computer, you will just need to copy it to an external drive or usb and transfer it. Programs don't really transfer since they can have registered DLLs, registered services, drivers installed and registry entries. If you are deleting file to simply remove everything from the drive you'd be better off doing a quick format which should only take 30 seconds or so.

It took me 7.5 hours to delete my SS Hard Drive and I was able to install the 3 Disks I received from Toshiba but when all is said and done,
it must not like the SS Hard Drive. Guess I am just out of Luck and my laptop is useless now. I wish I had never ever heard of Win 10 that was the start of my down fall. If I was ever to get the Laptop back up, It would be Win 7 only.

Ok, It took me 3 times to load the recovery disks before I was able to get to 1st base. Now I have to go through the nagging process of up dating
my computer to Exp 11 and all the other fun things to do to get back where I was. SP1 and the other thing I need before I can get to Exp 11. Such fun. I know there will not be any Win 10 on this puter.

Back