Black screen of death.. HELP

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
I would agree. It sounds like they knew something was wrong with that part of the board from either testing or experience. I'm surprised they changed a PCIE slot and not just give you a new board. I would approach them again and tell them it isn't fixed.

Yes. this is what I will do.
Do ASUS gives new board?

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Asus will replace defective hardware and hopefully this is what they will do in your case but see what they say.

okay.. I do not know what they will do now. But definitely I will send this back again. Let;s see.

And by this infos, what you say is mobo is only faulty?

If I need to get any new mobo, then which one should I get for? Should I again go for ASUS?

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
I wouldn't like to say what's wrong with the motherboard but replacing the pcie slot sounds very unusual. Let's see what they say first before choosing another.. :)

Sure, will let you know.

TY

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Ok Sameer... I'll await your next post.. :)

HI

I was using photoshop and got black screen, after I open my PC again and open photoshop, I got the attached error.
Is this saying my GPU is going bad?

Attachments

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
No not at all.. It means that it's stopped using the hardware to accelerate the graphics. It doesn't give a reason why and could be down to either the driver, gpu or gpu slot. (which really you kinda knew already)

okay.. dont know why this is happening.. :(
If I change my motherboard and use same CPU then I need to reinstall the windows?

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Unfortunately yes. Microsoft considers the changing of a motherboard means the system has changed so much it's basically a new computer and Windows will need either re-installing or re-activation..

okay.. I will take this to repair PC shop and lets see what is the faulty thing.
Can the PSU be bad?
What ever forum I am visiting with same problem says the keyboard jamming / off is happen because of mobo.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
It doesn't sound like the PSU is bad but without further testing I can't say for sure. Unfortunately trouble shooting can be a slow process..

okay..

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.