Windows 7 Black screen of death.. HELP

It is sounding more and more like it. Hopefully running the above will help determine what is causing the error either the graphics or CPU (unless it goes black with both of course).
Best of luck anyway.

I have tested both. I got black screen after 4-5 second (maybe within 10 second) using Prime95.
And when I run Furmark, it was running good and I cancelled it after 2 minutes.

It sounds like your CPU is overheating. Is there thermal paste and a decent cooler attached?

I know you've ran memtest86 but try running with only one stick of RAM installed. If the issue repeats swop the sticks over and see if there's a stick that runs error free.

I know you've ran memtest86 but try running with only one stick of RAM installed. If the issue repeats swop the sticks over and see if there's a stick that runs error free.

Nope, not helpful.
Tried with each stick with different RAM slots, still black screen.

Ok well thanks for trying at least.
The one thing we do know is that the error seems to be generated on the CPU side of things as opposed to graphics.
Ideally it would be really handy to test each component in a different machine. Do you have a friend who would help perhaps or do you have enough parts lying around to cobble together a test system? Either way you could then test the cpu and see if it does the same thing. If it doesn't then it's probably to do with the motherboard but until you start testing it's hard to say for sure.

No, that is the problem. My relative has Intel machine and no friend is near to me or has desktop.
What should I do now.. Really confused.

I’m certainly no expert and I know you guys have put a lot of hard work and effort into chasing down this problem, but……..

From your very first post.
I checked my CPU it has black lines.. See images.
I tried to rub it with cloth and it was getting off, is that dust? Will that effect? If yes, then how can I clean it in a better way? Is this CPU is issue?
Do you have any idea or explanation as to how that corrosion may have come to be?

While the pictures you included are not of the best quality it looks to me like something either got very, very hot, or you may have had a leak from a possible liquid cooler, or else some thermal paste has somehow found its’ way down into the ZIF socket.

In any event I would take it very seriously and make every effort to completely eliminate it both from the processor pins as well as the socket itself.

As to how to actually accomplish that…. It would probably be dictated by what it is and how it came to be there in the first place. I would try some compressed air and maybe a very delicate / soft brush of some type.

From post #16
It looks to me a hardware issue, as when I was in safe mode, and I tried compressing some file using winrar and winzip I got black screen.

And from post #18
I have tested my RAM and PSU, so maybe mobo?
And have you seen my CPU pins, In attached image in my first post?

I think you might have actually been on to something from the very beginning.

Today, I have used the same computer after 2-3 days and I run Prime95. I run for 3 minutes and then I stopped it.
Only temp was increased and my PC does not go black.
Strange?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 341
Did you do anything different from the last time we posted?
What about Troubles observations?
Did you act on his advice at all?
To me the CPU looks like it's been getting hot or it's been marked from some electrical discharge or it could simply be, as suggested by Randy, some thermal paste that's gotten into the socket. I tried looking through google to see if I could find an image which matched yours but no. On checking photo's relating to electrical discharge the marks looked different which is why I held back on passing comment.

It could be that whatever was troubling the CPU has burnt off but keep monitoring the situation and post back if need be.

Nothing, I have not used my PC from last black screen, as I have laptop and I have started using that.
I have not done anything on CPU or any change in hardware.

I need some files so I need to copy it, after copying I think let me test again. So I first used After Effects and I did not get BSOD. And then I used Prime95 and it was even successful.

Yes, temp is more because my room temperature is hot.
Outside temperature is 44 C and my room temp will be around 35-38 C. When I use room cooler then it will decrease.

Currently Idle temp of CPU is 37 C

Maybe It is because I have not used my PC from 2-3 days.
I will use it for now and let you know if I got BSOD again.

HI

I have send my processor and motherboard for RMA and got it back now.
AMD send me a new processor.
But ASUS repaired the mobo and send me back.

After using it, I am again getting black screen on load work.

Also, I have noticed one thing..
I got the black screen after using my computer for few hours.
Means I was working on same thing which I was doing last night after using my PC for 7-8 hours and getting black screen.
I was playing throne rush on fb with 4 more pin tabs open in google chrome and got black screen.

Today in morning, I have done same thing and no black screen.

What can be the reason?
Mobo failing?
Or maybe some other component failing after using for few hours?
As temp can;t be the issue, as I have CM trooper cabinet with 8 fans installed, including 1 200mm on top and 140mm on back and other 120mm.

Did Asus say what they had repaired on the motherboard? I just wonder if there's a connection between what they fixed and this black screen issue.

No, they have not told me anything and I have dropped them a mail with same request.
But after looking at mobo, I think they have changed the VGA card slot. Looks like quite new to me. But maybe not.

I think it is all because of mobo? What you think?

But I have this black screen issue before RMA of this mobo. So they have not fixed the mobo completely.

Back